Clear All

• G.Skill RIPJAWS 1600 8GBx2 Dual Channel issues

Hello there peeps!!!

I just finished building my new rig tonight, here is the configuration:

Mobo: ASRock Extreme 6 ---Bios: 2.40 (latest)---
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 1600 8GBx2
    CPU: i5 3570K
    Video Card: GTX 650Ti 2G

My main issue right now is that I cannot use the 2 sticks of RAM as Dual Channel it will only recognize them as single channel if I place them in the last two slots B1 and B2. It will not work if I place it on the slots specified for dual channel support A1 B1 or A2 B2.

If I only put one stick on slot A1 or B1 I get error code 55 from the mobo, tried it with both sticks. I know the sticks work since they are recognized and I can run them as single channel and individually on slots A2 and B2.

I'm not sure right not if this is an issue with the actual slots on the mobo or the sticks not being compatible at all. Hopefully you guys can shed some light on this issue for me. Thank you in advanced

Re: G.Skill RIPJAWS 1600 8GBx2 Dual Channel issues

Send a PM to "G.Skill - Matt W ang" , TweakTowns official G.Skill rep, using THIS link, include the browser link to this thread, and politely request his help here.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

hehe, Matts last name "****" gets caught in the obscene filter.
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
        hehe, Matts last name "****" gets caught in the obscene filter.
        How can Wan g get caught in the filter it was the name of a very important computer company you guys need to hire someone over the age of 6 to write your filter list!

Comment

Clearly an English slang filter...

Comment

If it's not running in dual channel, it is likely the DIMMs are not matched. meaning the speeds or latencies are off far enough to cause one or the other to fail.
            having them in separate channels allows the memory to run with dif specs. and therefore single channel only.

If they are sold as a matched pair, you probably need to RMA them. G.skill is good about RMAing.
            Hopefully it's not because they are well practiced at it.... lol...

Syn

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. Took out the CPU and some of the pins were bent on the socket, tried to carefully bend them back in place. Memory was then being recognized as Dual Channel, but would give me a blue screen every time at boot up. Ended RMAing the board, let's see when the replacement comes back if I have better luck.

Comment

Working...
              X