Z77 Extreme6 not recognizing USB keyboard until after booting OS kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z77 Extreme6 not recognizing USB keyboard until after booting OS kernel

I have a Kinesis Advantage MPC/USB keyboard plugged into my Z77 Extreme6. When I power on my computer, I am unable to use the keyboard until the kernel does its hardware detection. This happens regardless of what I have set for the "Legacy USB Support" setting in BIOS, and regardless of which USB port the keyboard is plugged into.
    • I have a USB mouse that works fine when "Legacy USB Support" is set to anything except "Disabled".
    • The keyboard has a built-in unpowered USB hub. The System Browser in BIOS shows this hub in the port where I have the keyboard plugged in, and this is updated correctly as I move the keyboard from one USB port to another. However, my USB mouse is similarly unusable when plugged into the keyboard's USB hub.
    • During POST, while my USB keyboard is plugged in, I see Dr. Debug report status D7 (No Console Input Devices are found). If I unplug and replug the keyboard, I see status B4 (USB hot plug), but I'm still not able to use the keyboard.
    • My BIOS version is 1.90.
    • Keyboard worked fine with legacy USB support in my previous motherboard (Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3)
    Last edited by liujed; 08-27-2012, 10:41 AM.

Re: Z77 Extreme6 not recognizing USB keyboard until after booting OS kernel

I forgot to mention -- the keyboard worked fine with the legacy USB support in my previous motherboard (Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3). Edited OP to add this.

Comment

Working...
    X