WINDOWS 8 RTM SMOOTH INSTALL 100% UEFI RAID SETUP no hardware removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WINDOWS 8 RTM SMOOTH INSTALL 100% UEFI RAID SETUP no hardware removal

OK so windows8 is here and with the RTM available free for 90 days that'll give you enough time to test it out and save for those ssd's or ik's or those 5.1's etc . but wait I just built a new z68 or z77 and I get this winload error with my raid , WHAT YOU WILL NEED IS 1 USB3 MEM STICK WITH ATLEAST 4GIGS . 2 A GREAT LITTLE PROG CALLED "unetbootin" from Boot From A USB Flash/Pen/Key Drive . load the windows iso to the usb stick with unetbootin , boot to bios enable raid ; DISABLE "ASMEDIA BOOT" , set boot order to usb 1st - raid 2nd , you are now ready to install windows without having to RIP YOUR NEW BUILD APART ! do not walk away from your pc as NOW you will need go back into the bios after windows installs and swap your boot option to 1st RAID 2nd USB TO CONTINUE THE INSTALL ! THATS IT MY FRIENDS NO GOING INTO YOUR NEWLY BUILT CASE TO DISCONECT SATA CABLES ...... DONT FORGET TO LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE LOL

Re: WINDOWS 8 RTM SMOOTH INSTALL 100% UEFI RAID SETUP no hardware removal

its a shame that w8 has gone to rtm as there is a great lack of the x kill window missing in the metro to revert back to the desktop , I think the mad scientist is at it again and have forgotten that this is a computer and not some tablet os oriented device . back to windows 7 but will try the aboved mention method though I was hoping to avoid the raid driver install thus the method of usb install , so I guess i'll wait to win9 to get the proper modern windows along with my blue ray and usb stick , my opion on win 8 rtm 0-1

Comment

ok same method for windows 7 100% i used daemon tools lite to iso windows dvd and unetbootit make the usb install , and don't forget to config your raid setup before booting , PEACE

Comment

now you can go back into bios and enable asmedia to boot but if you have any other os's on your other drives that aren't raid it will conflict so put them on a selfpowered usb 3.0 drive and keep your pc os solo to enable no conflicts ... !!!

Comment

Working...
        X