Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 CPU Multiplier/RAM Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 CPU Multiplier/RAM Issues

I recently flashed up to the 2.30 BIOS and ran for about a month without issue. Then tonight the system froze while trying to encode some vids. Had to cycle power to get it to fire up but then it wouldn't get past POST. So cleared CMOS (using the jumper, not my first rodeo). Finally got it to come up and got into BIOS only to find that I cannot set my CPU multiplier past 37 nor was my Kingston HyperX Grey series RAM being detected as 1600 or XMP at all. What do I have to do to get back to 1.70 BIOS as obviously this new BIOS is total crap with all the problems I am seeing here with it. I have contacted Asrocks support email, but of course only got the canned generic autoresponse. I seen there is BIOS for sale on eBay for this but it says that it is the latest BIOS, which is what I am going to avoid at all costs.

Re: Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 CPU Multiplier/RAM Issues

tried pulling the cmos battery

Comment

if your overclocked then the new bios is unstable , simply reflash the bios to previous and report to asrock , i'm seeing a few complaints about the 2.30 release

Comment

I reported it to Asrock as soon as it happened. I haven't heard back form them at all, so I found a place that is shipping me a new BIOS with 1.30 flashed on it. The only reason I flashed to begin with was the old BIOS won't let you use a Logitech G510 to set BIOS settings. So had to plug an old PS2 KB I had laying around whenever I went into BIOS. Then I saw on here that the G510 was able to be used in BIOS with the 2.XX series BIOS. So thinking, "Great, can finally put away the PS2 keyboard" So yeah, my G510 works in BIOS, but it itherwise ruins everything else. I have since noticed it also removed the ability to use the onboard graphics of the 2500K which I was using as a 4th screen in iRacing. Asrock should really post that these 2.XX series BIOS are total crap for anyone running a K Series Sandy Bridge. And to make it even worse they ignore support requests, and if you call them they just put you on hold for over an hour (that's when I hung up, and called back just to have the same happen) and never get any response from them. Overall I am very unsatisfied with their product support and won't be buying another of their products nor recommend them either.

It's pretty bad to flash BIOS using "official" releases only to have it ruin things and then to be ignored by the manufacturer. I've been building systems for over 20 years and whenever you see this type of customer support soon there are no more customers to support, which is too bad as was happy with the product beforehand. Was actually getting ready to order a Z77 for my brother's build which I am starting next week, but that won't be the case now.

Comment

Working...
        X