ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 [USB initialization is started]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 [USB initialization is started]

Hello there smart people of TweakTown I need your help. I bought few days ago a new motherboard along with memory Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Black 8GB (CML8GX3M2A1600C9) and processor i5 3570k. First time I booted up the pc I got blank black screen. Fans are spinning, HDD seems to be doing something etc. I've tried running whole pc with minimal hardware (processor, psu, hdd and memory only) without any further luck and the weird thing is I keep getting this strange error code in the little LED panel. The code is 9A which stands for USB initialization is started by the manual. I've tried connecting/disconnecting usb devices also without any further luck. Also I made sure by the manual that all the power cable and everything are connected right expect the one that goes for CPU which on the motherboard is 8-pin but my PSU has only 4-pin but from what I've read on several forums it has to be plenty of power. I've tried connecting monitor right to the DVI connector which is on the board also without success. Any help would be highly appreciated.

EDIT: Just to make sure it's not memory issue I've tried running both sticks on different pc and they are working just fine.

Cheers,
    n00pe.
    Last edited by n00pe; 08-21-2012, 11:47 AM.

Re: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 [USB initialization is started]

Your system is failing POST now for some reason. What USB devices are you using, keyboard and mouse I assume, but what kind and where are they connected? Do not use the USB 3.0 connections for the mouse and keyboard, they are the ones colored blue, they won't work right unitl their driver is installed. Connect your mouse and keyboard to the USB 2.0 connections on the rear I/O panel. If they are wireless, they may not work until their drivers are installed, you must use wired ones.

If you have your PC case USB connectors plugged into the board, disconnect them for a test, and try to boot again.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Your system is failing POST now for some reason. What USB devices are you using, keyboard and mouse I assume, but what kind and where are they connected? Do not use the USB 3.0 connections for the mouse and keyboard, they are the ones colored blue, they won't work right unitl their driver is installed. Connect your mouse and keyboard to the USB 2.0 connections on the rear I/O panel. If they are wireless, they may not work until their drivers are installed, you must use wired ones.

If you have your PC case USB connectors plugged into the board, disconnect them for a test, and try to boot again.
      First time when I tried it I might really inserted my G400 to 3.0 port that might be the issue but I have tried it later with no devices plugged in and still same error. I will try it later to 2.0 port. Also one more question on front panel of my case I also have USB ports but I'm not sure to which port I should connect the little cable.Click image for larger version

Name:	aS3kr.png
Views:	1
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	752261 To which one should I connect it? RED/GREEN/BLUE?

Cheers,
      n00pe.

Comment

Guys please any help would be appreciated! :(

Comment

Originally posted by n00pe View Post
          First time when I tried it I might really inserted my G400 to 3.0 port that might be the issue but I have tried it later with no devices plugged in and still same error. I will try it later to 2.0 port. Also one more question on front panel of my case I also have USB ports but I'm not sure to which port I should connect the little cable.[ATTACH=CONFIG]4981[/ATTACH] To which one should I connect it? RED/GREEN/BLUE?

Cheers,
          n00pe.

Try a minimal hardware config using just the CPU and one memory stick and a monitor (in vga mode if possible).
          Disconnect the HDD, DVD/CD, and other external connectors such as USB, keyboard, mouse, and LAN, reset the CMOS and reboot.
          The BIOS setup screen should appear. If the bios screen doesn't appear, if possible try using another video card, even an old PCI
          vga card. The bios should either fall into setup or report an inaccessable boot device. If so, add the keyboard and reboot, if not
          try swapping in a different memory stick and reboot. If a minimal hardware boot still fails, you may have a bad mobo.
          If you can get into the bios setup, you should be able to try connecting hardware items one at a time until either the failure re-occurs
          or the system successfully completes post with all connectors attached.

Comment

Regarding the red blue or green ports for the USB 2.0 front panel, it doesn't matter, they are all the same. Each provides two ports, but since more than two ports are provided by the chipset, there are multiple connectors.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsoluteJoe View Post
              Try a minimal hardware config using just the CPU and one memory stick and a monitor (in vga mode if possible).
              Disconnect the HDD, DVD/CD, and other external connectors such as USB, keyboard, mouse, and LAN, reset the CMOS and reboot.
              The BIOS setup screen should appear. If the bios screen doesn't appear, if possible try using another video card, even an old PCI
              vga card. The bios should either fall into setup or report an inaccessable boot device. If so, add the keyboard and reboot, if not
              try swapping in a different memory stick and reboot. If a minimal hardware boot still fails, you may have a bad mobo.
              If you can get into the bios setup, you should be able to try connecting hardware items one at a time until either the failure re-occurs
              or the system successfully completes post with all connectors attached.
              I've tried running with minimal amount of hardware and everything you mentioned there basically and I'm still getting an 9A error code in the small LED panel. I have already opened an RMA in the E-shop where I bought the motherboard and I'm gonna return it to get a new one because there is literally nothing else I could try to make this thing work. I'll also send them my CPU just to make sure it's working.

Cheers,
              n00pe.
              Last edited by n00pe; 08-22-2012, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X