• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another help

Hello everyone. my first post.
    my motherboard asrock z68 extreme 4
    i5-2500k sandy bridge

upgraded bios from 1.70 to the new 2.20
    and now every so often i get a black screen.

so what now?
    do i wait until asrock come out with a new bios
    or do i contact someone from asrock.
    not sure what to do.

Thanks.

Re: another help

I had a similar issue with mine whenever I updated my bios. It was because my motherboard was trying to boot from my mouse. So I ended up flashing to the very first bios, I think mine was like 1.01 or something like that. I would just go back to 1.07 that you had before and see if it still does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark4685 View Post
      I had a similar issue with mine whenever I updated my bios. It was because my motherboard was trying to boot from my mouse. So I ended up flashing to the very first bios, I think mine was like 1.01 or something like that. I would just go back to 1.07 that you had before and see if it still does it.

not sure what you mean about the mouse bit.

tried to go back to 1.70 bios
      but it looks like there's no going back from 2.20 bios.
      so looks like i'm screwed.

Comment

Well is it doing it when you are trying to boot the computer or does happen when the computer is already in windows? You should be able to go back to 1.07 as long as you still have the bios file on hand, I was able to with mine. There is a really common issue with ASrock boards right now where the motherboard looks for something to boot to and if you have a high end mouse or keyboard it actually tries to boot from that instead of your hard drive. I'm not sure if that's your issue or not but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark4685 View Post
          Well is it doing it when you are trying to boot the computer or does happen when the computer is already in windows? You should be able to go back to 1.07 as long as you still have the bios file on hand, I was able to with mine. There is a really common issue with ASrock boards right now where the motherboard looks for something to boot to and if you have a high end mouse or keyboard it actually tries to boot from that instead of your hard drive. I'm not sure if that's your issue or not but I just thought I'd throw that out there.
          Hi mark forgot to say thanks for trying to help.

I've just disabled my anti-virus and run the windows bios 1.50 as administrator,
          and it looks like my bios has gone back to 1.50.

But i get this message in bios now(heci pointer mismatch)
          so then i went to bios 1.70 and still i get the heci pointer mismatch message.

still trying to figure out why this message is in the bios?

cheers

Comment

Working...
          X