Primary PCIE Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primary PCIE Issues

So I've just recently been having some abnormal issues with my video being distorted and freeze ups whenever doing anything at all graphics intensive. I tried using several different video drivers but none seemed to have helped the problem. I haven't changed anything in bios at all recently. So I tried putting the video card in the secondary PCIE slot and now it works fine. I can't help but wonder if my primary PCIE slot is bad? But I can't find anything in the forums about this and am wondering if its a motherboard issue or video card issue.

Re: Primary PCIE Issues

I've been doing a bit of research on the issue and I'm thinking it could be my bios. It only lists 2 available bios revisions on the ASrock website and I know there was more. Is there somewhere that shows all of the revisions with patch notes? I have the first bios P1.00 by the way. The reason I have that one is because it's the only one that works with my keyboard and mouse. I have not tried the newest 2.10 and 2.20 versions however. I think I might try and update it to the newest bios see what happens...

Comment

Re: Primary PCIE Issues

Just flashed my bios to 2.1 then 2.2 which are the latest for my MB. Put my video card back in the primary PCIE and it seems to have worked. I haven't had anymore issues with my video since that. Just seems strange that it has worked all this time then all of a sudden it has issues. Hopefully that did the trick anyway, if not maybe it's a hardware issue idk.

Comment

Working...
      X