Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCI Bridge Help

Hi, Can anyone help me please?

I ran a Scanner from AVG making sure I was all up to date with drivers, Thought I was until I seen this...

I'm Running Intel(R) 82801 PCI Bridge - 244E, Current date of driver 06/21/06.

and there's a newer version Intel(R) 82801 PCI Bridge - 244E, Available date of driver 11/06/08

AVG scanner wants £20 a year where I will be able to get the driver needed straight away.
    I don't want to spend money on drivers that are free lol

Only trouble is I be darn if I know where to get this driver, thought Asrock would of had this drivers? I've search on Google and Intel site with no luck ahhh

Be very grateful if someone can give me a direct link to be able to get this driver. (I've added my Specs in my Profile)

Thanks.

Re: PCI Bridge Help

That type of driver is never available as an individual download from anyone. It's probably part of the chipset driver package for your board and chipset. Can you even find or identify it on your own on your PC? Both of the dates of those drivers pre-date the existence of the P67 chipset ('06 and '08, the P67 was introduced in 2011) so that might even be a Microsoft driver. That is rather strange overall.

IMO, that sounds like a mistake or scam from AVG, as all they could do is use the chipset driver installation program from Intel, for their boards that use the same chipset, the P67. Or perhaps a Windows update? Do you have an issue you think that driver will fix? I would not worry about this at all.

Comment

Re: PCI Bridge Help

Hi parsec,

Thank you very much for your information.

('06 and '08, the P67 was introduced in 2011)
      This got me very confused to as you stated was introduced in 2011.

Any ways I spoke to a mate and he recommend I try his copy of Driver Genius (nice easy program) after a scan it found a few drivers out of date
      and updated with the drivers needed.

Don't quote me on this but I think it installed the latest PCI Bridge Driver Year and Month something like June 2012 as the latest driver, also like you said not a stand alone driver other stuff with it.

All is good Thanks again for your reply.

Regards

Wild.

Comment

Working...
      X