z77 exteme6 driver question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z77 exteme6 driver question

I just installed a new copy of win 7. My computer doesn't recognize my printer or ethernet cable. What drivers do I need? Any special order? Thanks.

Re: z77 exteme6 driver question

Did you install/re-install the ASRock Mo/Bo drivers from the DVD?
    Did you select the USB [including Legacy USB Support] and Ethernet ports in the BIOS?
    Cheers,
    Mac

Comment

As mentioned, if they were working before and you simply just did a clean install of Win7, then just incert the motherboard support DVD and install the LAN drivers only. That'll get you connected to the web, from there you can download the newest drivers for your motherboard. Or, if you wish, you could simply install all the drivers as once. I really like the way ASRock set up the install program, it's totally automated and does the reboots for you. If you choose 'install all', after doing so, I deselect items that you know you don't want (in my case the high speed USB, RAM and NIC crap they provide you with, but I don't care for).
      Rod

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ASUS Sabertooth Z77
      i7-2600k i7-2600k
      G-Skill 16GB Ripjaw X DDR3 1866 G-Skill 16GB Sniper DDR3 1866
      Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 3.0 Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 2.0
      EVGA GTX670FTW Sig2 EVGA 2XGTX560Ti FPB SLI
      Corsair HX850 Silver Plus Cooler Master Silent Pro 850
      Crucial M4 128GB SSD Samsung 830 128GB SSD

Comment

As for your printer, you have options as to which USB (if it is USB) you hook it too. By default, you should be choosing a USB 2 port, and not a USB 3, at least until you get the drivers installed.

I'd setup the PC first, get it all updated, then hook up your printer. You'll have fewer issues this way.
        Rod

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ASUS Sabertooth Z77
        i7-2600k i7-2600k
        G-Skill 16GB Ripjaw X DDR3 1866 G-Skill 16GB Sniper DDR3 1866
        Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 3.0 Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 2.0
        EVGA GTX670FTW Sig2 EVGA 2XGTX560Ti FPB SLI
        Corsair HX850 Silver Plus Cooler Master Silent Pro 850
        Crucial M4 128GB SSD Samsung 830 128GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X