Extreme 3 gen 3 won't update bios.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme 3 gen 3 won't update bios.

Hi guys, wanted to update bios from 1.3 to 2.1 , but instant flash won't do nothing, it will only show - [], f6 won't work at all. But now I read that people are having problems with it. Is it comfirmed ? Just wanted to install new intel me driver, and 2.1 is required version. But for some reason I think that it's now worth testing. I'd like to hear more about it. And one more thing, to use lucid virtu, is it obligated to install vga driver ?

Re: Extreme 3 gen 3 won't update bios.

Originally posted by QwertyQ View Post
    Hi guys, wanted to update bios from 1.3 to 2.1 , but instant flash won't do nothing, it will only show - [], f6 won't work at all. But now I read that people are having problems with it. Is it comfirmed ? Just wanted to install new intel me driver, and 2.1 is required version. But for some reason I think that it's now worth testing. I'd like to hear more about it. And one more thing, to use lucid virtu, is it obligated to install vga driver ?
    Emily at Asrock TSD suggests fully resetting CMOS by removing battery and trying again.

Comment

I got mine to work after switch every USB port aznd finally I used my monitors dual port usb and it worked. It also on;y worked on my third usb drive.

This thing is extremely picky.

Now to figure out how to get my audio working.

Luck
      -=Mark=-
      ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 i7 2600K 8GB (2 x 4GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 MSI HD 7750 Corsair TX850 80Plus

GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A*-3870K 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill 1866 CL8 On-Chip 6550D Antec EA-450 80Plus Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by muscles019 View Post
        Emily at Asrock TSD suggests fully resetting CMOS by removing battery and trying again.

Oh!. This worked for me. I been tryying to sort this exact same problem out for ages, and CMOS battery thing has made it work perfectly. Thankyou. I can now put in my 3570k!.

Comment

Originally posted by deanryan View Post
          Oh!. This worked for me. I been tryying to sort this exact same problem out for ages, and CMOS battery thing has made it work perfectly. Thankyou. I can now put in my 3570k!.
          Pleased to hear you managed to sort everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkJohnson View Post
            I got mine to work after switch every USB port aznd finally I used my monitors dual port usb and it worked. It also on;y worked on my third usb drive.

This thing is extremely picky.

Now to figure out how to get my audio working.

Luck
            -=Mark=-
            Easiest way I've found to use INSTANT FLASH is to create a small 10MB partition and format with simple FAT file system. Then copy bios ROM file to the root of that partition. As soon as you select Instant Flash from within the bios settings the system automatically searches and finds the ROM file.
            I used this method as I was unable to get F6 to work from the bios boot screen when a USB flash drive was connected.
            Remember it must be formatted as FAT and NOT NTFS
            Last edited by muscles019; 05-17-2012, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by muscles019 View Post
              Easiest way I've found to use INSTANT FLASH is to create a small 10MB partition and format with simple FAT file system. Then copy bios ROM file to the root of that partition. As soon as you select Instant Flash from within the bios settings the system automatically searches and finds the ROM file.
              I used this method as I was unable to get F6 to work from the bios boot screen when a USB flash drive was connected.
              Remember it must be formatted as FAT and NOT NTFS
              Yes, I've done the hdd trick in the past, but I use SSDs and avoid partitioning like the plague. But it should work without issue on USB. Also, USB does use FAT. I just found it extremely odd the usb stick would work with the monitors USB port, but not the motherboards. It's usually the other way around as the monitor port has a port multiplier which often has issue. directly plugged in should work the most reliably.

also, I got my audio working. Apparently shuffle around my desktop trying to get these USB sticks working I accidentally bumped my power switch on my speakers. So no issues but operator errors.

Now I just need to figure out how to get my high speed ram working. DRAM Voltage now stuck at 1.25v no matter if I set it manually and it won't let my clock past 1600MHz on any of my three ram kits (1866, 2133, and 2400). I already did the battery thing overnight with no success.

-=Mark=-
              ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 i7 2600K 8GB (2 x 4GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 MSI HD 7750 Corsair TX850 80Plus

GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A*-3870K 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill 1866 CL8 On-Chip 6550D Antec EA-450 80Plus Platinum

Comment

Working...
              X