Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Saving Mode gone in BIOS 2.03 (Z68 Extreme 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Saving Mode gone in BIOS 2.03 (Z68 Extreme 4)

Hi, I just flashed my BIOS to the BETA BIOS v2.03 as 1.70 had some issues with Deep Sx not working for me even though I've set it accordingly.

However, I noticed that I can no longer find the Power Saving Mode option anywhere. With 1.70, it disappears sometimes but I'm always able to get it back using "Reset UEFI Defaults". The same trick doesn't work this time.

May I know if this feature will be re-implemented in the final BIOS version? I'm using an i5-2400 and disabling PSM makes my core voltage go up to 1.3V at max load, giving me temperatures of around 73 degrees on a Hyper 212+ cooler (well I suspect my i5-2400 is lower-binned, giving such high temps). Enabling PSM stops my Vcore at 1.168V, which gives me temperatures of 65 degrees on average.

So it's really a big difference.

Or could I just use fixed/offset voltage to 1.168V instead? Does PSM do something else than to lower the voltages?

Re: Power Saving Mode gone in BIOS 2.03 (Z68 Extreme 4)

By the way, will Virtu support be added back in in the final version? I use Quick Sync a lot and Virtu seems to install only as a trial on the 2.03 BIOS.

Or is there any way I can downgrade the BIOS to 1.70?

Comment

Re: Power Saving Mode gone in BIOS 2.03 (Z68 Extreme 4)

Anyone? I think the lack of Virtu support is worrying :(

Comment

Working...
      X