Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asrock X79 AXTU High DRAM voltage reading correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock X79 AXTU High DRAM voltage reading correct?

I have an X79 Extreme6 board. In the UEFI bios I have VDIMM set to less than 1.4V, but in Asrock Extreme Tuning Utility (AXTU) DRAM voltage reads 1.665V. My system is overclocked (yet the ram is only running at DDR-1680). Is this voltage correct?

If so, is it not dangerous that the bios is overvolting VDIMM so greatly from the bios setting as VDIMM >1.6V can apparently degrade the CPU memory controller over time?

Re: Asrock X79 AXTU High DRAM voltage reading correct?

I suspect that this is an error with AXTU. But it would be nice to have Asrock confirm.

The reason I suspect it is an error is that, if you set your DRAM voltage (VDIMM) in the bios at 1.5V or higher, it will match what is displayed in AXTU in Windows. However, if you set the DRAM voltage to anything less than 1.5V, it will show your setting + 0.3V in AXTU (ie, if you set 1.365V, you get 1.665; 1.45V becomes 1.75V. But at 1.5V, you get 1.5V). It doesn't make sense to have an algorithm in the bios that automatically increases VDIMM by a whopping 0.3V just because the user sets VDIMM <1.5V.

Comment

Re: Asrock X79 AXTU High DRAM voltage reading correct?

Hi cynan,

Please provide your e-mail for me, I will send the latest AXTU to you for testing.

Thanks for your help!

Have a nice day
      ASRock TSD
      Emily

Comment

Working...
      X