Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

I was building a computer, and when I tried to boot it, nothing came up on the monitor. I tried using VGA, DVI, and HDMI both on the GPU and the computer itself. It still wouldn't work. Other things seemed to be coming on, like the fans and the LEDs and a few lights on the motherboard. The motherboard I have has a thing on it that lights up and gives me an error number if something's wrong. It gave me the one for no memory installed. I double-checked to make sure I had it installed correctly and even moved it around to other slots and it still wouldn't work. I also made sure my RAM was compatible with my mobo. Another thing I did was unplug everything but the PSU and CPU and it still wouldn't work. Is the problem with my RAM or my CPU?

Stuff:

Antec EarthWatts EA-650 GREEN 650W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
    GIGABYTE GV-R787OC-2GD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video
    LIAN LI Lancool PC-K63 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    ASUS VH232H Glossy Black 23" 5ms Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD Monitor w/Speakers & HDMI
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
    SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 HD204UI 2TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Re: Help: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

I did some research and a few more tests after I made the initial post. I got a beep code that was four short beeps in a row. ASRock uses AMIBIOS, right? If so, then the problem I have has to do with the motherboard timer, right?

And the Dr. Debug report I got was 55, which is for memory not installed.

Comment

Re: Help: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Originally posted by GVman View Post
      I did some research and a few more tests after I made the initial post. I got a beep code that was four short beeps in a row. ASRock uses AMIBIOS, right? If so, then the problem I have has to do with the motherboard timer, right?

And the Dr. Debug report I got was 55, which is for memory not installed.
      I sure you did but be sure you follow the manual as to which slots to install the two sticks of ram, they have to be installed like in a1 and b1 slots. Try one ram stick in the a1 slot, if that fails try the other stick in the same slot. If nothing works try removing the board and set it on a nonconductive surface and see if it will post outside the case, could be shorting to the case somewhere.
      Last edited by jthomas; 05-01-2012, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Did all that and it didn't change anything.

Comment

UPDATE: I have realized that the problem is that I need to update my motherboard's BIOS before I can use my Ivy Bridge processor with it. As I have no way to update it (due to my lack of a Sandy Bridge) I am returning it.

Comment

I am experiencing the same exact thing. At first, I thought my RAM was unsupported, so I checked with Corsair. They have my RAM listed as compatible with this board. So after much research......and a horrible headache later, I am here. I have an Intel i7-3770k (ivy bridge) processor too. My total specs are listed below. Do you think this is the same thing considering Dr.Debug gave me the 0x55 error also?

Motherboard. : ASROCK z68 Extreme4 Gen3
            Processor. : Intel i7-3770k (stock)
            RAM. : Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 (4x8GB=32GB TOTAL)
            Power Supply. : Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W

I have been waiting on this since January. After I get everything, I run in to this. Not good! :-(

Comment

I spoke with ASROCK support. They confirmed this entire incident. They are very helpful though and are helping me fix this issue!!! Thanks ASROCK!!

I would prefer to not wait, but something is way better than nothing!!! :-)

So if you run in to this issue with this motherboard and an Ivy Bridge processor, contact support and they will definitely do their best to help!!!! I will definitely keep purchasing ASROCK products!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dlovellit View Post
                I spoke with ASROCK support. They confirmed this entire incident. They are very helpful though and are helping me fix this issue!!! Thanks ASROCK!!

I would prefer to not wait, but something is way better than nothing!!! :-)

So if you run in to this issue with this motherboard and an Ivy Bridge processor, contact support and they will definitely do their best to help!!!! I will definitely keep purchasing ASROCK products!!!
                Am I to assume they're sending you a replacement motherboard with the necessary update installed?

Comment

That is what the tech support person said, I think. Either that or updating my current one. I am still waiting for a call back detailing all the extra information needed.

Comment

Not sure if this is okay, but it is helpful!!!

ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 debug help - asrock - Motherboards-Memory

Comment

Working...
                    X