Z68 Ivy Bridge Beta Bios 2.04 Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 Ivy Bridge Beta Bios 2.04 Issue

Installed latest beta Bios for Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 yesterday. After some trouble getting back my OC, when i tried to get into windows I got error 0xc000000e. Basically it seemed like somehow (i'd assumed when trying to get a stable OC) my MBR got corrupt. tried to rebuild from Windows CD. wouldn't work, keep saying drive wasn't ready. windows 7 said could not install windows to this drive make sure your bios allows this controller to be bootable.

I was going to reformat/reinstall but i had some files off the drive before i could proceed. Thus, i installed WIN 8 CP to a sata drive, (athough windows 8 installer also reported couldn't installed make sure this drive is bootable in bios, although next button was pressable) upon reboot get a different coloured message with same error code as above. HOwever, i was allowed to press F11 for other OS, and luckily my original windows 7 booted up. Will get my files and try a reformat, however i suspect it wont work as windows 8 didn't on a separate HDD.

Anyone have the same issue or Can someone think of a fix?

Thanks

Re: Z68 Ivy Bridge Beta Bios 2.04 Issue

My bad, thought my specs were on my profile:

i5-2500k (auto 4.4GHz), ASRock Extreme7 Gen3 L2.04, 4 x 4 GB G.Skill, Dell U3011, Viewsonic 191BW (Intel HD3000)
    PCIE-1= ASUS GTX 580 Direct CUII
    PCIE-4= Auzentech X-Fi Forte
    PCIE-5= OCZ REVODRIVE 3 x2 240GB
    PCIE-6= Evga 460 (Phys-X)

Comment

This mobo was rock solid with previous gen 1.x bios, keyboard/mice issues aside (which were fixed by ASRock). Gen 2.x bios appears to have memory stability issues, and other Windows boot stability issues.

I too had problems launching Windows, but fixed the problem by simply mousing over some of the configuration defaults and applying the default again (individually on each setting, not by loading overall defaults which I did too), Windows boots OK now.

Comment

Is there a new stable Bios in-sight? It's such a problem to boot, and i don't even want to bother to try reformat/reinstall until a non-beta version is released, i might not even be able to install if i try. I'm not going to flash back either way to risky

Little surprised, ivy bridge has been out for a week, and there still isn't a non-beta for my board

Comment

Working...
        X