Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3, SLOW BOOT TIME. HELP PLEASE

Hi,
    A week ago i built my new system, but i have a question now.
    Every time i turn my computer on it takes 10 - 15 secs to show the ASRock Boot Screen; but in the mean time when my monitor is black (no signal) i noticed that Dr. Debug is going through a series of numbers, then when the ASRock splash screens appears Dr. Debug turn off and then Windows proceed to initialize. Slow boot time, it takes around 10 -15 sec before the splash screen even appears. This is extremely slow compared to my previous motherboard.
    my older computer didnt take that long to boot up, it just did 3 beeps and right away you got signal on the monitor.
    Any help will be appreciate. Thanks guys

Re: ASRock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3, SLOW BOOT TIME. HELP PLEASE

Dear Truquitos,

Please kindly remove other external devices to check whether the symptom still occur.

Or please tell me the detail configuration of your system.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Comment

OK, so after reading a bit, some users stated that by upgrading the BIOS to the current version 1.30 seems that the boot up is a bit faster, i did notice that, but still, it is really slow compare to my older system.
      now my mouse is acting weird when i am inside the Bios, if i move it, out of the nowhere it select something and i have to try to hit cancel! that didnt happen with BIOS version 1.0. and it just move randonly! lol
      anyway,

system specs:
      Corsair Obsidian Series 800D
      ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3
      Core i7-2700K
      Corsair H100
      Shin-Etsu X23-7783D Thermal Compound
      Corsair HX850 850W
      CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz
      SSD crusial M4
      WD Caviar Black SATA II
      2X MSI R6970 Lightning Radeon
      LITE-ON Black 12X BD-R
      SAMSUNG Black 12X BD-ROM
      Scythe Kaze Master Pro 5.25 Fan Controller

note when i upgrade to the new BIOS i have to set my RAM back to 1600MHz, because BIOS will put it as 1333MHz.

Comment

Any help will be appreciate. Thank you.

Comment

no answer! Helloooo!
          is this a common issue?

Comment

I have a setup similar to yours and had the same issue (http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/4...xtreme7-2.html)

I noticed 2 things.

1) If you stop changing your hardware configuration (stop unplugging or plugging devices, etc.) the bios gradually speeds up because it doesn't need to completely rescan the hardware everytime.

2) The new BIOS versions are better than the original, I don't remember the time it took with version 1.30 but with the beta bios 1.21A (see the link in the second page of the post I linked above) I get to the windows splash screen in 17 seconds.

Also, did you try Emily's suggestion? Removing everything except the bare minimum could help figuring out if one of your other components is the source of the problem. But as I said, don't expect it to miracly boot in 3 seconds and you'll be changing the hardware configuration (yet again) so it will rescan.

Good luck,
            Kerdal

Comment

Thank you for your answer.
              Now with the new BIOS 1.30 it boots faster. It takes me just 30sec to be on windows, and 10sec to see the ASRock splash screen. I'm using a SSD. So it's ok now I guess.
              My issue now with the new BIOS is that my mouse is acting weird inside the BIOS, it starts selecting things like crazy.
              So how much time it takes your setup to get into windows? Thanks

Comment

As I said my thread, about 35-37 seconds, but that was right after flashing a new BIOS, it could be slightly better now. Also keep in mind that I have a few more peripherals than you (3 SSD, 3 HDD and some of 'em are in a raid setup)so the scan time is most likely longer and it's normal.

MOBO: ASRock Z68 gen3 extreme7
                CPU : Intel Core i7 2600k (stock for the moment)
                CPU Cooler : Corsair H80 sealed loop water cooling kit
                RAM : 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz class 8
                Vid card : 2x EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked
                PSU : Corsair HX1000
                ODD : Blu-ray drive LITE-On iHOS104-08
                HDD :
                1x WD Velociraptor 10000RPM 600GB
                2x WD Black 2TB WD2002FAEX
                SSD :
                1x OCZ Vertex 3 240GB MAX IOPS (boot drive)
                1x Patriot Pyro 120GB (40gb used as cache (SRT) for Velociraptor, 60GB usable, not setup yet)
                1x OCZ Vertex 120GB
                Monitor : DELL WFP3007 30" 2560x1600
                Keyboard : Logitech G510
                Mouse : Razer Lachesis
                Case : Fractal Design Define XL with Noctua fans everywhere

Comment

Is your Crucial SSD connected to one of the native Intel SATA III ports or a native Intel SATA II Port? You might swap SATA data cables to rule out connectivity issues as well as run any SSD garbage collection utility that Crucial might have for your SSD. Plus if there is a firmware update for your SSD by all means if the update is non-destructive flash to latest version. The length of time that your UEFI displays 10 secs sounds a little long -

- Try resetting the CMOS and by all means Disable the Agressive SATA Link Power Management in the UEFI (-"Aggressive Link Power Management (ALPM) is a power-saving technique that helps the disk save power by setting a SATA link to the disk to a low-power setting during idle time (that is when there is no I/O). ALPM automatically sets the SATA link back to an active power state once I/O requests are queued to that link.Power savings introduced by ALPM come at the expense of disk latency. As such, you should only use ALPM if you expect the system to experience long periods of idle I/O time. ALPM is only available on SATA controllers that use the Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI).) and in Win7 power mgmt turn OFF PCI Express Link Mgmt State as well

Please post back with your findings/results
                  ASRock™ Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 Intel™ Core i7-2600K LGA1155 Corsair™ Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH100)
                  G.SKILL™ Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL (2) ASUS™ ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti in SLi
                  OS Drive: Mushkin™ Chronos Deluxe 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb/s SSD(MKNSSDCR120GB-DX) Storage: 2-Western Digital™ WD2002FAEX 2TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Hard Drives
                  Optical: HP™ Multiformat DVD Writer SATA Model 1260i Plextor™ Blu-ray writer PX-LB950SA Viewsonic™ V3D245 3D LED display @120hz
                  PC Power and Cooling™ Silencer Mk II 950W Inwin™ DRAGON RIDER case APC™ BR1500LCD UPS 1500VA w/AVR Win7™ Ultimate 64

Comment

Good point on the native SATA II/SATA III port, I completely forgot to mention those.

Comment

i did all that, with barebone system etc. still the same. i reinstalled windows too but the same. im not dealing with that. anyways, after windows boots up if pretty fast, at least it doesnt take 3 min to boot and load windows like my last system did lol.

Comment

but

Comment

windows does tend to bog down after a while but your mice acting weird in bios means rma return to manufactory asap , if you've flashed the bios and is the mouse is still playing up try another mice if not well , strip it out and get that mobo back

Comment

Working...
                          X