Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help me."installer can't find Atheros AR81 Family Ethernet controller on your system"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help me."installer can't find Atheros AR81 Family Ethernet controller on your system"

Originally posted by parsec View Post
    Wait, why are we going through this when the OP of this thread had the same problem as you, but tried another driver and it worked.

That driver would be on this page: Drivers for Atheros AR8132 and Windows 7

Just click the green "Click for Download" box, and when complete unzip and see what you get. Others in this thread have had success with this driver, including a moderator of this site (a different driver, but same source).

Give this a try and let us know what happens.

Ok so I've downloaded the .zip and opened it, but where do I extract to? There is no setup file like the other .zip we downloaded before. I don't know where to put the files.

I've looked through previous posts and see that people said it did work, but no one mentioned where to put rhe files... As you stated before, I didn't know whether I should extract into the /system32 folder or /system32/drivers folder? Or Neither? I just want to be sure. Thanks again

Comment

Re: help me."installer can't find Atheros AR81 Family Ethernet controller on your system"

You're right, there isn't a setup installation program for this driver. So this one must be done manually, which is not hard.

First, just extract the zip file anywhere really, but just know where it is. Extract it and keep the Windows Explorer window open to remind you where it is.

Next, open Device Manager, and open the entry for the Atheros network device. You should see a Driver tab at the top of the Atheros properties. Click on the Driver tab, and then find and click the Update Driver button.

You should get two options on the next screen, click on the Browse my computer for driver software.

At the top of the display, choose the Search for driver software..., by clicking the Browse button. You want to get the folder with the extracted Atheros driver files in the folder display.

After that, just follow the prompts to finish the installation. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

You're right, there isn't a setup installation program for this driver. So this one must be done manually, which is not hard.

First, just extract the zip file anywhere really, but just know where it is. Extract it and keep the Windows Explorer window open to remind you where it is.

Next, open Device Manager, and open the entry for the Atheros network device. You should see a Driver tab at the top of the Atheros properties. Click on the Driver tab, and then find and click the Update Driver button.

You should get two options on the next screen, click on the Browse my computer for driver software.

At the top of the display, choose the Search for driver software..., by clicking the Browse button. You want to get the folder with the extracted Atheros driver files in the folder display.

After that, just follow the prompts to finish the installation. Let us know how it goes.

Perfect! It worked... thank you so much Parsec. I appreciate it. Thanks for the help. Smooth sailing from here on out .... Finally =)

Comment

Halleluiah, it be working!

Smooth sailing with a DIY PC... that is not why we do this!

Comment

Wait, why are we going through this when the OP of this thread had the same problem as you, but tried another driver and it worked.

That driver would be on this page: Drivers for Atheros AR8132 and Windows 7

Just click the green "Click for Download" box, and when complete unzip and see what you get. Others in this thread have had success with this driver, including a moderator of this site (a different driver, but same source).

Give this a try and let us know what happens.
            man you are a genius... thanks a lot.

Comment

I 2 have same problem, but unable to download drivers. When I clicks on link it shows as in image

Comment

Originally posted by chrisg750 View Post
                Ok so I've downloaded the .zip and opened it, but where do I extract to? There is no setup file like the other .zip we downloaded before. I don't know where to put the files.

I've looked through previous posts and see that people said it did work, but no one mentioned where to put rhe files... As you stated before, I didn't know whether I should extract into the /system32 folder or /system32/drivers folder? Or Neither? I just want to be sure. Thanks again
                I am facing exactly the same problem but with windows 8
                The link for the drivers you have given is not reachable now .... please help

Comment

Working...
                X