E350M1 and DVI/HDMI can't use UEFI/see post screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E350M1 and DVI/HDMI can't use UEFI/see post screen

The only way I can use UEFI or see the boot splash/post screen is if I use VGA. The DVI and HDMI connections do not display anything until Windows boots. As far as I can tell, there's no way to force DVI/HDMI to be used first. Have I missed something?

Re: E350M1 and DVI/HDMI can't use UEFI/see post screen

I'm having the same issue. Were you able to figure it out?

Comment

I opened a ticket with ASRock about it, and they issued an RMA. When I get the replacement motherboard I'll let you know if it fixes the problem.

Comment

Dear all,

I did the test with BENQ GL223QM monitor, but I cannot see the symptom.

If possible, please kindly change another monitor to check whether the symptom still occur.

Or please kindly provide the detail model name of your monitor for me, I will check this.

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day
        ASRock TSD
        Emily

Comment

ASRock received my board today, so I can't troubleshoot anything. I have a Lilliput 669GL-70NP/C/T/5HB monitor, in case you want to buy one and test it.

Comment

I had a similar problem with my Extreme4 motherboard and the DP port - it turned out that I had to manually switch my monitor to the correct input.

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
              Dear all,

I did the test with BENQ GL223QM monitor, but I cannot see the symptom.

If possible, please kindly change another monitor to check whether the symptom still occur.

Or please kindly provide the detail model name of your monitor for me, I will check this.

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day
              ASRock TSD
              Emily
              I have a Samsung LN46A630M1F.

I've tried everything. Removed hard drives, one of my RAM sticks, and optical drive. Rebooted again. Still no signal. The USB ports recognize my wireless mouse, the case fans run, the processor coiling fan runs, the optical drive bay opens, but no signal from the HDTV. I'm tempted to go buy an HDMI to VGA cable but the point of building my own htpc was to control the budget, so that just adds cost and I'll never use it once I'm able to see the BIOS and set them up to use an HDTV, if that even works.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianW View Post
                I had a similar problem with my Extreme4 motherboard and the DP port - it turned out that I had to manually switch my monitor to the correct input.
                Did you have to manually change the monitor in the BIOS? I'm booting for the first time and don't have a VGA monitor so I'm unable to see the BIOS screen on my initial boot.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC View Post
                  Did you have to manually change the monitor in the BIOS? I'm booting for the first time and don't have a VGA monitor so I'm unable to see the BIOS screen on my initial boot.
                  No - nothing to do with the BIOS. The monitor didn't switch inputs automatically like I was expecting. I had to manually cycle through the monitor's various inputs (vga, dvi, hdmi, dp) by pressing the input select button on the monitor itself.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianW View Post
                    No - nothing to do with the BIOS. The monitor didn't switch inputs automatically like I was expecting. I had to manually cycle through the monitor's various inputs (vga, dvi, hdmi, dp) by pressing the input select button on the monitor itself.
                    It sounds like your problem was not picking the correct monitor input. I had the correct input selected. I have a motherboard issue, which is why ASRock issued me an RMA and is swapping out my motherboard.

Comment

Comment

Make sure you have the monitor turned on, set it to the right input, and wait 5 seconds. Then power on the computer.

Comment

I have the same problem. I use this MB in a HTPC connected to my plasma TV via HDMI. During Boot or in the UEFI what appears on the screen is is very distroted. I have to attach the system to a regular LCD monitor to configure the UEFI/BIOS. The HTPC displays fine once Windows 7 has booted.

Comment

You might try updating the bios. See if you're below version 1.50 (usually on the boot screen or listed in the bios.) Altho I don't see any remarks in the bios notes about your situation, you might still try it. They caution people on updating bioses, but if your motherboard is still guaranteed what do you have to lose? Another thing to remember is to have the tv switched on and to the right input 5 seconds before booting.

Comment

Same issue for me. Sharp CE37FD47 LCD connected to an E350M1/USB3 - updated BIOS to 1.50. If I use the VGA input of the LCD (disconnect HDMI and DVI) then I get POST and Ububtu just fine. If I connect the DVI then I do not get POST (or UEFI if I press del/F2) but I do get the starting flashing caret from ubuntu and the ubuntu starting splash screen - i.e. just the POST missing. If I connect HDMI then worryingly I do not get sync at all, not even when ubuntu boots to the desktop - however, if I connect DVI & HDMI both to the LCD (but select HDMI input - i.e. DVI is purely connected in not selected) then HDMI will again miss post but show the splash booting of ubuntu.

Something must be amiss here as the VGA input works fine on the same monitor. I must point out that I am using this board to replace an a4M78 which worked perfectly on HDMI only. My PC also boots fine with a DVI to HDMI lead too.

I have simply used the VGA to configure the BIOS and left it be. However this doesnt help when I need to use F11 and choose an alternative boot source.

Comment

Working...
                              X