Strange P67 Extreme 4 overclocking issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange P67 Extreme 4 overclocking issue

SO basically I overclocked my (locked) Sandy Bridge CPU i5 2400 to about 3.8 ghtz on the P67 Asrock Extreme 4 Board.

The computer itself runs fine and functions as normal, the CPU has been stress tested numerous times and always passes.
    It's worth noting that i've had this problem for a few months but it's just now now that i've decided to do something about it.

The problem is when ever I turn on the computer it power itself on for a few seconds (nothing on the screen apears) and then reboots itself.
    From then on it boots up fine. The problem isn't a major one more of an annoyance than anything. But it's still something I would like to have resolved.

The problem only occurred after i applied the over clocking setttings in the BIOS, when the CPU is not overclocked the computer boots up fine.

I have reset all the voltages back to default, basically anything in the BIOS except for the Multiplyer and Bus Speed, as i want to keep my overclock.
    On the Asrock's led debug panel the last number to appear before it restarts is 71- South Bridge DXE SMM initialization is started.

Some people suggested disabling the Speed Spectrum setting, yet that hasn't resolved the double boot issue.

So has anyone had this problem before and can resolve it without wiping the over clock?
    Last edited by si8mon; 06-20-2011, 08:13 PM.
Working...
X