Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASrock P67 Extreme4 - Error! System cannot locate HECI protocol!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASrock P67 Extreme4 - Error! System cannot locate HECI protocol!

I just put together a system with an ASrock P67 Extreme4 motherboard, BIOS is P1.60-15B

On POST, before the graphic screen, I see this error message:

Error! System cannot locate HECI protocol!

I'm looking for info on what it means, and how to fix whatever is wrong. The system appears to be running OK, but if there's an error that means I'm not getting the full benefit of the hardware I've purchased, I want to get it resolved.

Here's a pic showing the hardware setup:

Click image for larger version

Name:	devices.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	755931

Thanks!

Re: ASrock P67 Extreme4 - Error! System cannot locate HECI protocol!

I should also add that I get an error when trying to install the ME driver:

Click image for larger version

Name:	install ME driver.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	751354

I think this is related to the HECI error because, as wikipedia states, the job of the HECI bus is to let the OS talk to "the Manageability Engine (ME) integrated in the chipset".

It's not clear to me whether this is a problem with the motherboard or the processor, which is a sandy bridge architecture that integrates a lot of stuff.

Comment

Hi! I know this is 4 months old, but I was wondering if the problem was solved. Someone I know bought a P67 Pro3 Rev B3 (Asrock) and he gets the same error, and trying to run some hw monitoring software result in BSOD (still, he hasn't reinstalled the OS after buying the new hardware). But the error comes even when the hard disks aren't connected, so this can't be windows-related. It's awful that noone had any idea, and searching on google doesn't come up with anything useful :(.

Comment

I"ve got the same issue on a new build. I get the HECI error, and in addition, the system doesn't shutdown all the way. Windows closes, monitor goes dark, mouse, keyboard also go dark, but the system stays on unless I hold the power button in. I don't know if the problems are related, but I'm very frustrated by it. I'm going to order a replacement board and hopefully see this problem go away.

Comment

I get the same on my p67 fatal1ty after an update for the ivy bridge cpu (beta bios 3.02)
          then reversing back to the classic bios (1.80).

Comment

Working...
          X