Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: freeze at bios screen asrock x58 extreme

Hello there everyone
    I bought a SSD recently (OCZ vertex2) and today i realized how slowly windows was booting, so i decided to look into it (big mistake). I wandered the internet for a while and i found some tips from OCZ website (changing a value in regedit from 3 to 0,
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Msahci), rebooted and noticed how it still was slow the same.. so i rebooted again and went into the bios.. and messed up with AHCI, sata stuff, IDE.. i have no f* idea anymore!!! oh crap... Now my computer wont get past the motherboard loading screen (AsRock x58 extreme)... on the LED debug it says code 38, which appears to mean "Initializes different devices through DIM"

.(also, before the catastrophy, ive seen the "boot order" pan and it appeard wierd, so i changed some things there, rebooted, noticed how nothing changed speedwise, and set everything back how it was, so i dont think thats the problem)

I already tried resetting the bios from the motherboard button, by removing the battery, theres nothing that seems to work..
    also removed all the other drives (external and internal)...

i only have a wireless keyboard.. i really hope this is not the problem... my bios always took wirelesskeyboard imputs till now but now it just wont take anything and it stays there forever..

may i add this is quite friggin urgent since i am a freelance artist and i have a deadline on FRIDAY!!! (for real money yes)

thanks and please help if you have the slightliest idea!

(i doubt its hardwarefail related but heres the stuff in my computer: asrock x58 extreme, 12gb of geil ram, a MSI gtx275, raptor300, samsung 1tb, ssd ocz vertex2, corsair psu 850)

Re: Urgent: freeze at bios screen asrock x58 extreme

That refers to USB devices.
    Try disconnecting them 1 by 1 and/or moving them to other ports?
    Fractal Design Define R5 Black , Nexus 950W , Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS , i7 3770k @4.2GHz , 120x240mm water cooling
    32GB (4x8GB) G.Skill PC-14900 CL10 , EVGA GTX970 Hybrid .
    2x Samsung 830 128GB SSD in raid 0 for operating system and games 1x Seagate 1.8TB drive for storage

Comment

hey
      i removed every usb stick (edit: not only stick, device)
      nothing changed....
      my only fear is that maybe the bios would take inputs: i only have a wireless keyboard...
      Last edited by noktek; 01-11-2011, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Checked your keyboard batteries?

All I can say to this is that's USB/USB controller problem.
        Anyone you know living near you that has a keyboard that has USB/PS2 connector you could try to use?

You said you fiddled with battery and bios reset jumper. I'd check all the cables near that area with power switched off properly meaning unplugging the AC and/or using main power switch.
        Fractal Design Define R5 Black , Nexus 950W , Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS , i7 3770k @4.2GHz , 120x240mm water cooling
        2x Samsung 830 128GB SSD in raid 0 for operating system and games 1x Seagate 1.8TB drive for storage

Comment

yeah batteries are ok.. and i dont believe its a hardware problem.. i started testing hardware only after the problem occurred.. and the problem occured after i fiddled with bio settings (sata and that kind of things)... i kinda have the feeling he cant access drives for some reason...

ill try getting a keyboard tomorrow, its midnight here..

Comment

Well, check that sata is in ide mode in advanced -> storage at bios setup.

And yes, it's almost my bedtime too.

Comment

aha upgrade: i managed to access the bios by removing (and keepingn removed) the battery from the mobo.. i reset the bios... and now it asks:
              reboot and select proper boot device asrock

Comment

Working...
              X