Problem with PCI-E card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with PCI-E card

I recently installed an ATI Radeon HD5450 in an ASRock 945GCM-S. The video card doesn't seem to be detected since I can't get any input from it to my monitor. The onboard video continues to work. Any ideas on how I can disable the onboard video and get the card to work?

I have the latest version of the BIOS (P1.20) and I tried changing a couple of the options in the BIOS (even though the card should be automatically detected).

Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem with PCI-E card

I have the same issue but with a Radeon HD5670, was reading on other forum that I need the bios version 1.21, but cant find it anywhere.

Comment

Here is the link to the Ars Technica forums, were they posted the beta bios, it does work as i am now enjoying the HD5670, thanks to CBerSK for the tip, really thank you bro :D

PCI-E card not detected - Ars Technica OpenForum

I will keep a copy of the Bios and the .txt in case anyone else needs it and until they post it officially here.

Comment

I have the same issue. Apparently, the link that the above user provided for the 1.21 BIOS is no longer valid. Can anyone send me the 1.21 BIOS for ASRock 945GCM-S? The latest BIOS on the ASRock website is still 1.20

Thanks!

Comment

http://rapidshare.com/files/43280013...45GCMS_121.rar

There, i put it up on rapidshare.

The .rar contains:
          .txt with detailed instructions
          .iso that is seemingly empty, but after burned on a cd will work properly as a boot disc with the bios updating tool, and the actual 1.21 beta bios.

Comment

Muchas Gracias, revdarian! i'll give it a try as soon as possible.

i don't think any of us consumers knew that PCI-E 2.1 would have compatibility issues with PCI-E 1.0 motherboards. it took us all by surprise!

Comment

all right! thanks a bunch. it worked great!

my Radeon HD 5670 is now working in 945GCM-S after the 1.21 beta bios update. I was told by ASRock support that there was no way to get the 5670 working. I guess there is some mis-communication going on between the europe/america/asia teams

Comment

Glad that it helped you too.

The Europe Team is the one that provided the beta bios, hopefully the other teams will get the memo about it's existence.

Comment

Originally posted by Revdarian View Post
                  http://rapidshare.com/files/43280013...45GCMS_121.rar

There, i put it up on rapidshare.

The .rar contains:
                  .txt with detailed instructions
                  .iso that is seemingly empty, but after burned on a cd will work properly as a boot disc with the bios updating tool, and the actual 1.21 beta bios.
                  Hi Revdarian. I know this is a three months old thread, but I can't find the 1.21 BIOS Update anywhere. Would you kindly upload the file again, maybe on Mediafire or Megaupload? The Rapidshare link doesn't work anymore.
                  Last edited by mcastilloy2k; 02-25-2011, 09:23 PM.

Comment

http://rapidshare.com/files/44987076...45GCMS_121.rar

Up it is again :) cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Revdarian View Post
                      Thanks!!!

Comment

I need the 1.21 BIOS Update for the ASRock 945CGM-S motherboard. Please post it somewhere it won't get deleted and we can all get to it. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by clongtwik View Post
                          I need the 1.21 BIOS Update for the ASRock 945CGM-S motherboard. Please post it somewhere it won't get deleted and we can all get to it. Thank you in advance.
                          I don't have any account on a permanent host, so that will have to fall on your end.

I have just reposted it at this rapidshare link:
                          http://rapidshare.com/files/45519179...45GCMS_121.rar

If you know of a permanent host or anything similar, feel free to put it up and link it here for the community :)

Comment

Good day, everyone. I'm Zean, and I'm new here.
                            I, too, have a problem with my 5750 working with my ASRock Wolfdale 1333 D667. The card is not detected. I tried disabling onboard graphics and updated the bios to 1.50 to no avail. Tried to download that 1.21 bios from rapidshare but I can't. An error pops up when I click download. Is there any other site where I can download that and try it? Thank you very much.

Comment

https://rapidshare.com/files/4601603...45GCMS_121.rar

Dude, find out a place that can keep that file forever and upload it there, rapidshare deletes it each couple weeks and i won't be around forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X