Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H55M Pro: using discrete display card in second PCIe x 16 slot with Intel HD graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H55M Pro: using discrete display card in second PCIe x 16 slot with Intel HD graphics

Hi

According to this review, a graphics card in the second PCIe x16 slot on the ASRock H55M Pro motherboard can be used in conjunction with the Intel HD graphics offered by, say, the Intel i3-530.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/h55-...555-3.html

The question is: in such a configuration, which and how many of the onboard display options (VGA, DVI, HDMI) remains usable?

I wonder if there are any users of the H55M Pro here.

Your feedback would be most welcome and appreciated!

Re: H55M Pro: using discrete display card in second PCIe x 16 slot with Intel HD grap

Dear Max,
    Sorry for the late reply, due to we are busy in 2010 CompuTex.

For your question, if you using add-on VGA card, you can enable three of two onboard VGA in the same time.
    Please set the share memory to enable and enable another two monitor which connect with onboard VGA under Windows.

If any question, please feel free to contact us.
    Thanks!

Best Wishes
    Sean

Comment

Re: H55M Pro: using discrete display card in second PCIe x 16 slot with Intel HD grap

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Sean C View Post
      For your question, if you using add-on VGA card, you can enable three of two onboard VGA in the same time.
      Please set the share memory to enable and enable another two monitor which connect with onboard VGA under Windows.
      Thanks for your helpful reply, Sean. Hope you had a successful exhibition at the Computex. I've always dreamed of visiting one but never get the chance.

Regarding my question, I'd appreciate it if you'd confirm that the following setup is feasible:
      (1) Put an ATI HD5450 card (with a DisplayPort output) in the second, not first, PCIe x16 slot. (This card supports three displays - VGA + DVI + DisplayPort - provided one is connected via DisplayPort.) Connect three displays.
      (2) Connect two displays to the H55M Pro's onboard VGA and DVI outputs, after enabling "share memory" in the BIOS.
      (3) With this setup, five displays (1 DisplayPort, 2 DVI and 2 VGA) can be used concurrently.

To avoid misunderstanding, I assume that:
      (1) the external graphics card must be inserted into the second, not the first, PCIe x16 slot for the above setup to work.
      (2) only the onboard VGA and DVI outputs can be used at the same time, not DVI plus HDMI (via an HDMI-to-DVI adaptor).

Thanks again for your feedback and input, Sean!
      Last edited by max789; 06-07-2010, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Hi Max, I guess configuration options might be limited a bit because you will need to use different graphics drivers for the Intel and ATI graphics.

Comment

Dear Max,

Intel H55 series motherboard can choose any two of onboard VGA for using in the same time.
          For your question, you want to use another add-on VGA card, it can supported as well, but why the VGA card you want to used on the second PCI-E slot?
          In my suggestion, I suggest you insert your VGA card on the first PCI-E slot.

Thanks!

Best Wishes
          Sean

Comment

Working...
          X