This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ASRock Beta BIOS

Thank you stasio for the info and links, but I don't have much use for the "Special default single core booting bios" personally. It also looks like a Windows BIOS update program... which I don't like.

I tried to register on XtremeSystems, but it is closed apparently now.

I wanted to reply to a Nick Shih comment about no new BIOS updates for some ASRock Z87 boards, because there are no "huge bugs" to improve.

Really, what about the BCLK "straps", or BCLK/PCI-E Ratio as it is called in my board's UEFI. The 100 (standard), 125, and 167 options. If I try the 125 setting, and adjust CPU multiplier and memory speed down accordingly, to even near stock CPU and memory speeds, the PC will not boot. I can run my i5-4670K at 4.4GHz fine with BCLK of 100 and CPU multi of 44 otherwise.

Does anyone have any success using the BCLK straps on their Z87 board?

Comment

Z87 OC Formula 1.90
      ASRock > Z87 OC Formula

Z87 OC Formula/ac 1.80
      ASRock > Z87 OC Formula/ac

Fatal1ty Z87 Professional 1.70
      ASRock > Fatal1ty Z87 Professional

Z87 Extreme4 2.40
      Code:
      ftp://europe.asrock.com/bios/1150/Z87 Extreme4(2.40)ROM.zip
      Z87 Extreme3 2.20
      ASRock > Z87 Extreme3
      Last edited by stasio; 12-01-2013, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Some more......

Download Files form ASRock Inc. > Latest BIOS Update

Comment

Hello i have Asrock Z77 Pro 3 Board with 1.8 bios version, intel i5 3570k cpu OC@4,5Ghz at almost default voltage(like +0,040 offset and its super stable), Asus GTX780 and Noctua NH-D14 cooler so temps are fine,Corsair GS700 PSU. And for some reason my Corsair Vengance 2x4GB LP @XMP1600 works only in B1+B2 DDR slots(single channel) and when i put them properlly in A1+B1/A2+B2 slots PC won´t boot at all and all i got is 4 beeps, getting them randomly even in those working slot combinations A1+A2/B1+B2 sometimes. Ive tried reset cmos, reseat rams and cps/gpu and nothing seems to work around this.Everything works perfectlly fine like this(awesome FPS in games and all stable with great temps), but the fact its not running in dual channel buggs me...thats why iam here to ask about this new BETA bios for z77 pro3 boards. The description at ASRock > Z77 Pro3 says that this version improves DRAM compatibility do you guys here think it would solve my issue and the mobo would detect my rams in proper dual channel setup ? I dont wanna mess up the bios update(i know its super easy and ive done it before but still :) ) especially if it wont help when done anyways. I also dont want to RMA my borad if possible cause it takes so much time in Czech and i cant be without PC that long again(already had to rma board+psu+ram cause of PSU failure few months ago and got all parts back changed for brand new so its not PSU/RAMs causing the problem)ps: if this is too much offtopic let me know ill make new thread specificaly with my problem and delete this...sorry :p

Comment

ok, so ive installed the beta version 2.1a and nothing have changed with my problem...rams still work only in B1+B2 as single channel else pc wont boot at all and i get only 4 long beeps. it seems like my rams aint fully supported by the mobo as there is only 2GB version of my ram listed in the compatibility list of z77 pro3 mobo on web or i have faulty A1+A2 ram slots which means i have to start saving for new mobo and RMA this one later :(

Comment

Is there an Beta Bios for Mainboard 880g Extreme3 (AM3+). I use AMD FX-6100. This cpu is supported for this board. Certainly, the System freezes if the cpu is full loaded.

It seems to be the steam bug.

STEAM enabled games on AMD FX platforms

Comment

A bunch (17) of UEFI/BIOS updates for ASRock boards on 12/31/13, and some more (9) on 12/27/13. A good mix of AMD and Intel boards.

Also four ASRock server board BIOS updates on 12/24 - 12/26. ASRock has been busy lately, but why so many at the end of the year?

Really same link as Stasio's above: Download Files form ASRock Inc. > Latest BIOS Update

Comment

ASRock sent me the BIOS 1.70A for the Z77M:

Please update BIOS P1.70A from attached file for try.

It add custom speed for CHA_FAN1.
                  I solved this problem:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...tml#post469899

Comment

Originally posted by Ladislav Palocsanyi View Post
                    ok, so ive installed the beta version 2.1a and nothing have changed with my problem...rams still work only in B1+B2 as single channel else pc wont boot at all and i get only 4 long beeps. it seems like my rams aint fully supported by the mobo as there is only 2GB version of my ram listed in the compatibility list of z77 pro3 mobo on web or i have faulty A1+A2 ram slots which means i have to start saving for new mobo and RMA this one later :(
                    Hi everybody. This is my first post in this forum. I have an identical problem with this mb (i have two z77 pro3) and similar (8gb version) ram module. No fix with the new beta driver?
                    Last edited by GVanni; 02-24-2014, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GVanni View Post
                      Hi everybody. This is my first post in this forum. I have an identical problem with this mb (i have two z77 pro3) and the same corsair ram module. No fix with the new beta driver?
                      Without the full model number of the memory, there is nothing to talk about, we don't know what we are dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
                        Without the full model number of the memory, there is nothing to talk about, we don't know what we are dealing with.
                        Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M1A1600C9

Comment

Asrock Z87M OC Formula bios Version 1.61 Beta
                          Asrock Z87 Extreme3 Bios Version 2.42 Beta
                          Asrock Z87 Extreme4 Bios Version 2.71 Beta
                          Asrock Z87 Extreme6 bios Version 2.33 Beta
                          Asrock Z87 OC Formula/ac bios Vesion 1.81 Beta
                          Asrock Z87 Pro3 bios Version 2.62 Beta
                          Asrock Z87 Pro4 bios Version 2.03 Beta
                          Asrock Fatal1ty Z87 Professional Bios Version 1.71 Beta
                          Asrock Z87E-ITX Bios Version 2.32 Beta
                          Asrock Z87M Extreme4 Bios Version 1.91 Beta
                          Asrock Z87 OC Formula Bios version 1.91 Beta
                          Asrock Z87M Pro4 Bios Version 2.12 Beta
                          Asrock Z87 Extreme9/ac Bios Version 2.13 Beta
                          Asrock Z87 Extreme6/ac Bios Version 2.33 beta

Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Bios Version 1.33

Look at official web page......

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
                            Asrock Z87M OC Formula bios Version 1.61 Beta
                            Asrock Z87 Extreme3 Bios Version 2.42 Beta
                            Asrock Z87 Extreme4 Bios Version 2.71 Beta
                            Asrock Z87 Extreme6 bios Version 2.33 Beta
                            Asrock Z87 OC Formula/ac bios Vesion 1.81 Beta
                            Asrock Z87 Pro3 bios Version 2.62 Beta
                            Asrock Z87 Pro4 bios Version 2.03 Beta
                            Asrock Fatal1ty Z87 Professional Bios Version 1.71 Beta
                            Asrock Z87E-ITX Bios Version 2.32 Beta
                            Asrock Z87M Extreme4 Bios Version 1.91 Beta
                            Asrock Z87 OC Formula Bios version 1.91 Beta
                            Asrock Z87M Pro4 Bios Version 2.12 Beta
                            Asrock Z87 Extreme9/ac Bios Version 2.13 Beta
                            Asrock Z87 Extreme6/ac Bios Version 2.33 beta

Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Bios Version 1.33

Look at official web page......
                            Thank you!

Perfekt timing for benching 2x 4790k retail with Asrock z87 OC formula until z97 oc formula arrives :D

Edit: I found only 1.81

1.81 6/19/2014 Instant Flash 4.69MB Update C0 microcode to support Pentium Anniversary.

Edit 2: Found it under the "non-AC" version:

1.91 6/19/2014 Instant Flash 4.69MB Update C0 microcode to support Pentium Anniversary.

Does it support DC?
                            Last edited by Nizzen; 06-24-2014, 10:11 AM.

Comment

When I try to upgrade my BIOS to 1.33 (currently 1.30) through A-Tuning Software, the software downloads the BIOS, restarts the computer atumatically, goes into BIOS, updates and says everything went successfully. Then it tells me to press Enter to reboot. It then tries to boot to Windows like 3 times and at the 4th try, it seems to reload the latest stable BIOS and it boots to Windows.. then I open A-Tuning again and it says its still on 1.30 and that there is an update available to 1.33.

Have tried this two times, no luck.

Any clues? is this normal? Kinda lost here.
                              Last edited by ev0rn0ss; 07-03-2014, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ev0rn0ss View Post
                                When I try to upgrade my BIOS to 1.33 (currently 1.30) through A-Tuning Software, the software downloads the BIOS, restarts the computer atumatically, goes into BIOS, updates and says everything went successfully. Then it tells me to press Enter to reboot. It then tries to boot to Windows like 3 times and at the 4th try, it seems to reload the latest stable BIOS and it boots to Windows.. then I open A-Tuning again and it says its still on 1.30 and that there is an update available to 1.33. Have tried this two times, no luck. Any clues? is this normal? Kinda lost here.
                                Put the BIOS (make sure it is already extracted) on USB stick. Reboot and enter BIOS. Goto Instant Flash - it should list your BIOS on the USB stick. Select it and let it update the BIOS. Reboot , load defaults, reboot. Should have new BIOS installed , should say BIOS version in BIOS Main Page.
                                i7-4770K (Custom Water)
                                Asrock Fatal1ty Z87 Professional (BIOS 1.70)

Comment

Working...
                                X