X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ASRock Beta BIOS

Originally posted by Autochthon View Post
    Has any adventurous souls tested the z68 fatality pro 2.23a beta bios that is supposed to have support for Win8 features? I don't see it at ASRocks beta download page for that motherboard so I'm thinking they don't want it widely distributed.
    I am using that beta bios right now and updating it was easy...

Since this was my first attempt to give UEFI/Windows 8 a chance I *finally* got the hang of it and could successfully install a uefi windows 8. Thank you google... ;) I have now reverted back to Windows 7 (non-uefi) but am considering switching due to the ultra fast boot option... but its almost too fast if u ask me... if you screw up u have to clear cmos.. duh...

I give the beta bios and Asrock thumbs up for the new certified Windows 8 logo bios!
    Just waiting for the final version now!

You can upgrade just like any other bios update and ignore the win8/uefi also so no worries there.

/smyr

Comment

is there any beta bios for asrock h77m board?

Comment

I am looking for beta bios for M3A770DE because I bought SSD and it hangs on every boot and I must reconnect power cable each time. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Gyrxiur View Post
          I am looking for beta bios for M3A770DE because I bought SSD and it hangs on every boot and I must reconnect power cable each time. Thanks
          Would that be a Crucial m4?

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
            Would that be a Crucial m4?
            No, it is Intel 335 180GB with latest 335t firmware.

Edit: AsRock sent me Beta BIOS 1.90B and that fixed my issue with SSD.
            I am attaching it for others - https://www.dropbox.com/s/iz52jqybcu...3A7701.90B.zip
            Last edited by Gyrxiur; 04-26-2013, 06:11 AM.

Comment

B75m-dgs r2.0 just wondering if a beta bios is available to enable gtx 650 all other cards work and card works in other systems I had read on a site to ask here for a beta bios to enable it to work been tryin for 2days and no go but as said my 8800gt and my g210 work fine it doesn't boot and while still installed I can use onboard but gpu isn't recognized in bios or windows 7 also tried what manual said set shared memory to auto to disable dsub and use Dvi and gpu still same result but does work with others gpus just fine

Comment

thank for share

Comment

Update even though card worked in other boards still was defective new card works 100% 2.0x16 still waiting though for a new bios although no issues with current now fully runs with smart boot enabled or disabled

Comment

ok check this out! im running vista 64 bit and a 3tb hitachi hd. my bios sees it as 800 somthing gig but vista sees it as ?? well i only got 700 something gig left! its un allocated! it boots and everything but i want the extra 700 gig and i need a bios update for the conroe xfire esata2! u got one?

Comment

after a year i we finally see win8 compatible logo on asrock site for z68 pro3 (not gen3) and i already have brought win8so here's my question:after reading forums i see that there's lots of problems with z68 pro3 (not gen3) + sandy bridge cpu and new bios (made for ivy bridge) with win8 installed.What bios do you recommend for me to install for win8 pro x64, with my system as thismb asrock z68 pro3 (not gen3)cpu intel i5-2400gpu nvidia gtx 660tipsu thermaltake 600 or 650w (don't remember)ram 2x DIMM DDR3 4096MB PC12800 1600MHz Samsung orig.hdd sata-3 wd caviar blue 1tb (WD10EZEX)no ssd or anything fancy installed.currently using win7 ultimate x64 and bios 1.70 (i think its 1.70 not newer for sure) and have zero problems with anything.

Comment

Any Beta Bios for the Z77 Extreme6? The Original post is pretty out dated.......................
                        MSI X-99SLI
                        Intel 5930K WATER
                        EVGA Nilla 1080
                        POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

Originally posted by jaggerwild View Post
                          Any Beta Bios for the Z77 Extreme6? The Original post is pretty out dated.......................
                          I doubt any Beta BIOS/UEFI will be added for this or any Z77 board at this point, ASRock has moved on to give primary support to the Haswell/8 Series chipset boards.

Comment

OMG, Intel has finally taken their head out of their AS and will be putting out the Ivy bridge-e.

ASRock has already updated a new BIOS for the IB-E on the X79's, and they have put in the 12.7 RST OPTION ROM version for RAID in UEFI, or at least on my EX 7. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, I love my rock.

Comment

Originally posted by jaggerwild View Post

If your running a RAID array and want the newest Intel Option Rom, AMI BIOS are very easy to mod.

Comment

Originally posted by odiebugs View Post
                                OMG, Intel has finally taken their head out of their AS and will be putting out the Ivy bridge-e.

ASRock has already updated a new BIOS for the IB-E on the X79's, and they have put in the 12.7 RST OPTION ROM version for RAID in UEFI, or at least on my EX 7. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, I love my rock.
                                Fine, but BE CAREFUL!! We already have one ASR X79 board owner that flashed to the IVB-E compatible BIOS, while still using their SB-E, and reporting issues. We saw the same thing with the BIOS updates for IVB CPUs, on SB chipset boards (P67, Z68, etc.), when the user was still using their SB CPU. The INF and IME updates needed along with the BIOS update may cure things, but I've seen these problems to many times to feel safe about these "transition" BIOS updates.

Comment

Working...
                                X