This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASRock Beta BIOS

How about a bios for supporting Gskill F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL @ 1866 on an ASRock 970 Extreme4. I can get them to run in either slots A2,B2 or A1,B1 with 8gb @1866 but not all 16gb at once @1866. I can however get it to run all 16gb @1600 with no modifications whatsoever other then clicking on 1600 in UEFI. When I click on 1866 in UEFI and try to run all 16gb it wont even post:( All the sticks are good as per memtest individually and all together. Consulted GSkill and tried everything they have recommended to no avail.

Please help me,
    Gunite
    Last edited by gunite; 11-13-2011, 09:50 AM. Reason: facts

Comment

970 chipset + Thuban/Deneb -> it will not work as easy as you think because the IMC is not that strong..

If You are running BD, You should have got an 990X/990FX chipset board.
      AMD X2 555BE @ X4 B55 4GHz
      ASRock 990FX Fatal1ty Professional
      Corsair VX550
      XFX HD4870 1GB GDDR5
      Kingston HiperX Blue 2x 4GB 1600MHz CL9
      OCZ Agility3 60GB
      WD Green 2TB x2
      Pioneer DVR-117
      LiteOn iHAS122
      LanCool K-62

AOC 2434Pw
      Microsoft 4000 Keyboard
      Microsoft 6000 Mice
      Logitech MX518 Mice

Comment

Amd fx-8120

Comment

Hmmm thats it huh? The only response was to get a 990x/990fx? Perhaps if you look up on newegg there is the same issue with an ASRock 990FX board and 1866 ram....

ASRock 990FX Extreme4 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
          Rating: 5/5HPC gone wild

Pros: - Superior price/performance for HPC applications

- AM3+ Bulldozer support: FX-8150 showing mind-alterting multithreading performance in HPC applications (media encoding; image processing), blowing away dual-slot Dell Xeon E5620 workstation by >30%

- USB 3.0 support: getting >100MB/sec transfer speed with external WD scorpio in NextStar3 enclosure

- Overclocking: FX-8150 overlocked to 4.5Ghz stable without voltage increase!
          Cons: - BIOS below version 1.30 does not natively recoginze the FX series processors. Had to install a AM3 compatible chip to upgrade BIOS to version 1.30

- BIOS does not recognize my G.Skill DDR3 1866 memory at 1866, only 1600. Will not post if memory is set to 1866.
          Other Thoughts: No issues at all with this board. With the FX-8150 it's outperforming most workstation class boards on the market with the FX-8150. Can't be beat for price to performance.

Did you find this review helpful?

Perhaps he should have spent $200 the ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Professional AM3+ AMD 990FX will be your response to that problem as well? Is this an ASRock help forum or not? If not please give me direction else where or a point in the right direction would suffice.
          Thank you

Comment

Hi everyone.

Do you know if latest 1.60 BIOS for 890FX Deluxe4 contains all the fixes from the 1.51 and 1.55C?

Can I assume so for future updates? (if latest Official version > latest Beta Version then all the fixes from the beta are in official).

Thanks!

Comment

I have ASRock a770DE+ will this board support the new AMD Bulldozer???

Can anyone from Asrock let us know if they are working on a Bulldozer updates for other boards?

Or what is the latest model of AMD hex core that will work with the latest bios of 1.70???

Comment

No, it will never be AM3+ because it is not AM3.

BD has only DDR3 IMC, no DDR2 IMC included like DDR2.

This MBO will always stay AM2+.
                AMD X2 555BE @ X4 B55 4GHz
                ASRock 990FX Fatal1ty Professional
                Corsair VX550
                XFX HD4870 1GB GDDR5
                Kingston HiperX Blue 2x 4GB 1600MHz CL9
                OCZ Agility3 60GB
                WD Green 2TB x2
                Pioneer DVR-117
                LiteOn iHAS122
                LanCool K-62

AOC 2434Pw
                Microsoft 4000 Keyboard
                Microsoft 6000 Mice
                Logitech MX518 Mice

Comment

Hi,
                  I have noticed some Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 L1.15 Beta BIOS floating around. Please, post a legit link to it.

Comment

Originally posted by A4i View Post
                    Hi,
                    I have noticed some Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 L1.15 Beta BIOS floating around. Please, post a legit link to it.
                    don't know about the L1.15... I found this one:

Here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/4...roblems-2.html

Comment

That is for E4G3 bigger brother.

Comment

Any news on a possible beta BIOS or update plans for 870 extreme3? Why no love for this board since it can easily do AM3+ cpu's?

Comment

They need to support current products correctly, first.

I'm still waiting for a bios fix for stuttering in unreal engine games on the 990FX Pro. They're unplayable. I asked tech support for a beta bios and didn't even get response (weeks ago).
                          It's a solid board, but useless with those games. I wonder if Asus ever fixed their boards? This is ridiculous.

I guess that's two more manuf. that I won't buy from again.

Comment

Re: ASRock Beta BIOS for a790gx/128m

do you have asrock a790gx/128m bios 1.51 version for win7 64bit?

Comment

Can anyone upload the Beta Bios (UEFI) for the X79 Extreme9 L1.92 or newer?

Comment

+1 for what Cyras said. I also what that bios!
                                |[email protected]|AsrockExtreme9|16gigVengence|LianLiA 71|CustomTripleExternalWaterbox|HCP1200watt|3x27"|2x6990cfx|120gbVertex3+256gbSupertalentSSD|48Tb|G19|RAT9|Lo gitechZ5500|LogitechG35|

Comment

Working...
                                X