This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ASRock Beta BIOS

1.82 beta bios for Z97 Extreme4 board. Dated today 4/7/2015.

Comment

Originally posted by squigish View Post
      Can't you just flash the version for the Extreme6 non ac? As far as I can tell, they're the same boards, with an extra peripheral on the ac version. If it goes horribly wrong, that's why you have the backup bios.
      Yeah, that is what I hoped, but alas, there is a verification check in the flash tool and it refuses to flash the non-ac version. Maybe I made a mistake buying the /ac version since I don't really need it. Newegg had it for the same price as the non-ac, after rebate, so I thought "what the heck, might as well get free WiFi" but I didn't realize it would mean I wouldn't get updates as frequently

Comment

Z77 Extreme4 P2.90M 8/14/2015 Supports NVMe Configuration
        Z77 Extreme6 P2.80E 8/14/2015 Supports NVMe Configuration
        www.mdclab.it

Comment

Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6 1.32 8/31/2015 Increasing system compatibility.
          Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ 1.33 8/31/2015 Increasing system compatibility.
          Last edited by asrlab; 08-31-2015, 05:02 PM.
          www.mdclab.it

Comment

X79 Extreme11 P3.30P 9/2/2015 Modify settings for SM951 M.2 SSD (Installed by additional PCI-e to M.2 card)
            www.mdclab.it

Comment

Hello
              a few days ago I bought Extreme9 Z97 and i5-5675C, ive loaded the latest bios 1.70 and not everything is working properly I can not run ATuning, the message
              Access violation at adress 00586DCE in module `ATuning.exe`. Read of address 00000020.
              and the processor is running at 100% until not close a program in which I can do nothing
              keyboard with trackball which in UEFI operating correctly under Windows does not work, any functions of tracball roll the mouse buttons, but can not write
              I can not assign more memory to IrisPro, if I do the operating system hangs, I can select "auto"
              Win8.1 Pro 64 clear images downloaded from M$, INF version 10.0.27, Intel Management Engine version 10.0.39.1003, VGA win64_153624 IrisPro
              I have a second mathebord Z97E-ITX/ac too ASRock and it is exactly the same (UEFI 1.80) as I had previously ITX Haswell and everything functioned properly after the founding of Broadwell is the same problem as on Extreme9
              nothing connected only SSD with OS,
              he wrote to ASRock but got only answer I downloaded the drivers from Intel and they have 100 matherboards, but to me it does not look like a problem with the drivers only with bios, with older versions is the same, the problem is the Broadwell
              Please help
              edit
              Keyboard solved the problem, there can be connected through a hub, but it's strange because the notebook with Brazos and on an older computer everything was properly
              ive loaded INF latest version: 10.1.1.8 and ME 11.0.0.1158 and still can not run ATuning, I get the same message and the program's nothing I can do
              Last edited by Slavekpl; 09-06-2015, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Dear all,

any new Bios for Asrock P67 Pro3 SE?
                Last one I have is 2.20, seems it doesn't support Xfx R7 250

Comment

Is it possible to downgrade the Firmware on a Z68 Pro 3 Board?

I've upgraded to Firmware 2.1 and it's caused alot of problems. I want to go back to 1.6. Is whats detailed here an option somehow when using an official Source of 1.6?

Any point trying the beta bios with windows 7, it looks like it's for Windows 8?

Comment

any bios for z87 extreme 6 non ac ?

Comment

Originally posted by crappy board View Post
                      Is it possible to downgrade the Firmware on a Z68 Pro 3 Board?

I've upgraded to Firmware 2.1 and it's caused alot of problems. I want to go back to 1.6. Is whats detailed here an option somehow when using an official Source of 1.6?

Any point trying the beta bios with windows 7, it looks like it's for Windows 8?
                      Not if you installed the 3gen CPU, if you didn't install it you shouldn't have flashed the 2.10.

I have flashed older BIOS when it's stated not to, and all was ok but some people have problems.

What you should do is contact support and tell them what the problems are, what your OS is and maybe they will make you a new BIOS with the problems fixed, or give you one step down for a BIOS, but remember, I'm not telling you it's ok to flash older because you might have problems.

Comment

hello guys as we are talking about beta bios have a very old rig and installed hd 5850 on it it has asrock conroe dvi/h on it i really need a bios update to recognize my hd 5850 thank you in advance

Comment

Can anyone provide a changelog for X99M beta bios 1.95 released yesterday?
                          Im interested if there are any microcode changes...

BR /M

Comment

Is there a ASRock Z97 Extreme9 Beta?

I experience power-losses on high-load with dual-SLI while having OS on the M.2_1.

Actually I RMAed the PSU for a review, but i really dont think its faulty.

How does the PCIe-switches magic infront of the PEX8747 works?
                            While the 4790K only has 16 lanes, how can the the PEX be hooked 16x Gen3 and the M.2 be hooked 4x Gen3 the SAME TIME?

Can the power losses occur because of an UEFI-address violation triyng to map more than 16 lanes to the CPU for GPUs and M.2 or the GPU-subsystem halts because it cannot address all the 16 lanes the UEFI is reporting to be addressable?

Can you please provide a BETA-UEFI/BIOS with an option for me to tweak the PCIe-SLots for my SLI natively down to 8x Gen3? That way I would have the PEX with 8x for the SLI, the M.2 has 4x and 4x be free, avoiding confictls with the PCIe-switch dynamically switching them. to achieve 16x Gen3 what is OP...8x Gen3 would still be very fast for SLI.

At least i could check if this would NOT power-down unexpectedly during game-data-beeing read, while GPUs are at very high load..... or if it's the same issue.

This issue is open on the ASRock-forum, as well as on the GeForce-forum.

Ideas appreciated.

Next step on track when PSU re-arrives without them finding an error is to return the motherboard to the reseller.
                            Last edited by Incriminated; 01-07-2016, 01:45 PM.

Comment

ASRock released new UEFIs for Z170 motherboards, all with "1.Update microcode to 0x76. 2.Remove Sky OC function." ...
                              ---
                              Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

BIOS is a kind of mini operating system. It's the first thing of code that runs on a pc after powering up. It initializes all hardware, making it all work together. But, it can handle hardware only, if it's known. That's why there are bios updates, to make new hardware being recognized. After all that, the real OS (Windows, Linux, etc.) is loaded by the bios.
                                ---
                                Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

Working...
                                X