Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!

Hi!
    I want to buy z75pro3, but my power supply has 4pin power connector and i am using corei3 2100 and it doesn't consume much power neither i am gonna overclock it, so can i just plug in 4 pin plug in 8 pin socket of motherboard.I am soon gonna buy Asus hd6870 it has 2 6pin power connectors so i am gonna use both molex connectors to manage another 6pin connector so i am left with only 4 pin connector.So as i mentioned above my question is can i plug in 4pin plug into 8 pin socket of mother board,if yes then on which side of 8 pin socket of board?(my PS has a 6pin and a 4pin power connector)
    Last edited by vettori; 12-26-2012, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vettori View Post
      Hi!
      my question is can i plug in 4pin plug into 8 pin socket of mother board,if yes then on which side of 8 pin socket of board?
      ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/Z75%20Pro3.pdf <- See page 36
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	753447

Comment

Hi ASRock Sean,

I'm new in the forum, and I have a question regarding the LSI RAID 0 mode.

My spec are as follow
          x79 extreme 11
          I7 3930
          4 SSD CORSAIR GT
          SLI 680 GTX

My question is how can I configure my 4 ssd in RAID 0 ??

Best regards

Comment

Greetings Fellow ASRock owners,

I recently purchased the new roll-out FMA285X extreme6 based on the excellent reviews I read.
            I was unable to find much on other than that on the board other than reviews....not that surprising...the board is a really new roll-out.

My build was delayed due to a long delay in receiving the RAM so I decided to do a little prepwork.

I was a little surprised that ASRock referred customers here and a LOT concerned when ASRock referred customers to a site that asks for an obscure verification response and consistently rejects the answer. I became EXTREMELY CONCERNED when I noticed ASRock referring customers to the (for cryin' out loud) dealer with other questions and worse, RMA's and repairs!

Today I ran into a post by parsec on this thread where he observed that ASRock Tech Support doesn't even exist in any meaningful way!

That SUX on SO MANY LEVELS

Purchasers are justified in having an expectation of expert mfr. technical support. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate the input from fellow users but c'mon! This product has some weird bugs which would certainly defeat many builders.

As it turned out I had to RMA the board because a Windows install kept on going into an endless loop. maybe there was a simple workaround.

How disappointing!

Comment

Hi Sean, can you recommend an onboard wifi card for my asrock p67 extreme4 gen3 ,
              did not realise that this board did not have built in wifi !!!
              Thanks

Comment

divedancer,

Most motherboards, in fact most desktops don't come with WiFi.

Depending on the distance from the access point, your Internet speeds and your router capability there could be a lot of choices.
                You could install a PCI card which come with 1 - 3 "rubber duckie" antennae extending beyond the back of your computer or you might be able to get away with a USB "dongle" and avoid getting into the computer.

You could go with the high priced spread such as a D-Link or you can just shop the specs.
                Either way they're not that expensive.

I would get a b/g/n capable of 300 MB/s no matter what brand. Beyond that it's a range & extra features issue.

Bear in mind that whatever device you buy it will only function at the lowest common denominator level.
                In other words if you get an "N" capable device for your computer and the computer or router you are connected to is b/g you will max out at 57 MB/s connection. Even if you have a 300 MB/s connection, if you are accessing a modem/router w/a 1.5 Mb/s
                Inet connection speed, that's the throughput you'll get.

You might Google WiFi PCI or WiFi USB for comparisons or look at a retailer like NewEgg and read the user ratings & specs to compare them.

Good Luck!

Comment

• Re: Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum!--Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 bios problem.

Was using Virtu mvp2 with no problem. upgraded bios to newest 2.30 ROM & now my computer can't find my Intragrated video chip. uninstalled the virtu, then reboot, tryed to reinstall. it tells me it vid chip doesn't exist.
                  therefore no VIRTU. help.
                  Intel Core i5 2500K
                  Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-bit SP1 (Build 7601)
                  CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 4 Cores - 4 Threads
                  CPU PSN : Intel Core i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
                  CPU EXT : MMX, SSE (1, 2, 3, 3S, 4.1, 4.2), EM64T, VT-x, AES, AVX
                  CPUID : 6.A.7 / Extended : 6.2A
                  CPU Cache : L1 : 4 x 32 / 4 x 32 KB - L2 : 4 x 256 KB
                  CPU Cache : L3 : 6144 KB
                  Core : Sandy Bridge (32 nm) / Stepping : D2
                  Freq : 4989.27 MHz (99.79 * 50)

MB Brand : ASRock
                  MB Model : Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
                  NB : Intel Sandy Bridge rev 09
                  SB : Intel Z68 rev B3

GPU1 Type : Intel HD Graphics 2000 (GT2)
                  GPU1 Clocks : Core 850 MHz / RAM 0 MHz
                  GPU2 Type : Radeon HD 5770
                  GPU2 Clocks : Core 399 MHz / RAM 1200 MHz
                  DirectX Version : 11.0

RAM : 8192 MB DDR3 Dual Channel
                  RAM Speed : 1064.4 MHz (1:8) @ 9-11-10-28
                  Slot 1 : 4096MB (12800)
                  Slot 1 Manufacturer : G.Skill
                  Slot 2 : 4096MB (12800)
                  Slot 2 Manufacturer : G.Skill

CPU= Intel Core [email protected] CPU Code Name Haswell Multiplier 48.0
                  NZXT Case
                  MoBo= ASROCK Fatal1ty Z97 Killer BIOS P1.30 05/26/2014
                  Cooler=
                  Antec Koehler H20 650
                  Memory= G.Skill DDR3 16384 [PC3-12800]@OC to 2133.

Boot drive=Crucial_CT240M500SSD1SSD SATA-600 on SATA3
                  Other drives:
                  Hitachi 1TB 7200 RPM SATA-600 on SATA3
                  Hitachi 1TB@7200 RPM SATA-600 on SATA2
                  Hitachi 750@7200 RPM SATA-600 on SATA2
                  4 eM Bay Reader USB
                  1 SanDisk Cruzer USB 16GB
                  1 SanDisk Cruzer USB 4 MB
                  1 Sony Optiarc DVD RW AD-7240S SCSI

Intel HD3000 Video chip
                  2x-XFX Radeon 5770 (1GB) video cards in Crossfire mode.

Asus MT276HE monitor 1920x1080]
                  ULTRA
                  X3 + gold PSU (850w)
                  CMStorm advance11 Sentinel gaming mouse
                  Corsair Vengeance k70 Keyboard

Windows7 x64 sp1 Ult.OS
                  * You can agree with me Or you can be wrong! *

Comment

will asrock be coming out with windows 8 drivers or is there a way to use the windows 7 drivers on windows 8? I have a P67 Fatal1ty pro.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm Italian so I apologize if my English is not perfect, I am writing because I have a ploblema with my asrock Z77 extreme9 as I have just installed 2 msi gtx 670 pe / oc in sli and I'm having big problems shots in any use windows / games and benchmarks, I tried cards also singolarmete and all ports pci-e motherboard and everything worked perfectly but once you put them back in sli go bad and you continue to lock the pc, I I think it's the bios of extreme9 to have problems on the management of two cards in the pci-e 3 16x/16x. Give me your opinion thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Gabrix78 View Post
                        Hello everyone, I'm Italian so I apologize if my English is not perfect, I am writing because I have a ploblema with my asrock Z77 extreme9 as I have just installed 2 msi gtx 670 pe / oc in sli and I'm having big problems shots in any use windows / games and benchmarks, I tried cards also singolarmete and all ports pci-e motherboard and everything worked perfectly but once you put them back in sli go bad and you continue to lock the pc, I I think it's the bios of extreme9 to have problems on the management of two cards in the pci-e 3 16x/16x. Give me your opinion thanks
                        Gabrix,

Please go to Tech Support from Vendors - ASRock and create a new thread outlining your problems. Where your post above ended up is the incorrect place with which to look for help.

Also, Please go HERE, scroll down and fill in the "System Specs' so that we know what you have there system-wise.

I'll post a suggestion or two to you when I see your new thread that may be of help.
                        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Hi,
                          I have an Asrock ion 330 with Intel

Comment

• Re: Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum try this.

EVERCOOL MCI01-510EA CPU Cooler Crotch Fin Provides more Heat Dissipation Area For Intel Processors - Newegg.com

NZXT Case
                            Cooler=
                            Antec Koehler H20 650

Other drives:
                            4 eM Bay Reader USB

Intel HD3000 Video chip

ULTRA
                            X3 + gold PSU (850w)

Windows7 x64 sp1 Ult.OS

Comment

• Re: Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum! re try this

I read,... u just new to find a big northbridge cooler with a copperbase. I do not know how much space clearance u have so this is all I know to do as for UK your guess is a good a mine.

NZXT Case
                              Cooler=
                              Antec Koehler H20 650

Other drives:
                              4 eM Bay Reader USB

Intel HD3000 Video chip

ULTRA
                              X3 + gold PSU (850w)

Windows7 x64 sp1 Ult.OS

Comment

• Re: Welcome to ASRock Technical Support Forum try this.

Thanks very much but now that I have it stripped down it appears the fan is 30mmx30mm x 10mm deep.

Comment

Working...
                                X