How to understand why my DVD-ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to understand why my DVD-ROM

Suddenly after noticing within my Device Manager tab, this DVD-ROM was default detected leaving with "5" times more region locked or etc., but dunno why it has suddenly becomes to remains with barely only "2"? I didn't even gets the chance of watching any latest DVD with this tried to flashed into RPC-1 Toshiba DVD-ROM.

Those models of DVD-ROM's come with the ability to change Region codes up to 5 times (some with your DVD software, some with the hardware jumper settings).. After that it's locked at the last region you used.

Whats the model number of the DVD-ROM? I might be able to get you more specific information on it.

P.S. Also make sure you use DVD's for your specific region.. would suck to have to buy DVD's from Asia or Europe if you're in the U.S. or AU..

Raven
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Oh, also.. Cyberlink's PowerDVD XP 4.0 allows you to change it automatically. If you get that message where it's telling you that "This is a Region 1 encoded DVD.. yadda yadda", you have the option to stop and "resume from last frame played" upon pressing Play again. That will get you past that dumb message and play the DVD. Had that happen to me last night.

BTW, where are you located?

Raven
      Chris "Raven"
      News Crew - TweakTown
      <!--
      <font size=1>
      <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
      - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
      - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
      - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
      </font>
      // -->
      "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Working...
      X