Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ie 6

Hi all,

Anyone know how to force IE 6 to open full screen? Depending how it's opened, sometimes it opens in a window instead of full screen. I figure there must be a registry setting or something somewhere to force it to always open full screen.

Thanks in advance!
    HT

Originally posted by Hightop
    Hi all,

Anyone know how to force IE 6 to open full screen? Depending how it's opened, sometimes it opens in a window instead of full screen. I figure there must be a registry setting or something somewhere to force it to always open full screen.

Thanks in advance!
    HT
    are you just too lazy to hit F11 to go full screen and hit it again when you want it windowed? :D

Comment

First, yes I am lazy :D
      Second, I support 150 pc's with XP and I have a number of people ask me this so I figured it would be easier to put a reg fix in the login script than it would be to change 'em all one at a time.
      HT

Comment

Not sure if this is helpful at all, but might work if you can get 150 people to learn keyboard shortcuts

Click the Start button and select Run.
        Type "iexplore -k url", url being the website you want IE to open.

That will put you in "kiosk" mode.
        No toolbar in IE, no access to desktop without closing IE.

Not the solution you were looking for I'm sure -- but an interesting way to travel:D

(fear not, am looking for the solution ATM)
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Very true. If I could get them to learn little things like keyboard shortcuts, it would make their lives easier. And mine.
          :D But they're not interested in learning. They just want it to work automatically.

You're right. The kiosk mode isn't exactly what I'm looking for. Pretty cool though. The solution DigitalDD suggested isn't exactly it either. I thank you both for your suggestions.

I guess I shouldn't have said 'full screen'. What I meant was 'maximized'. What I was thinking and what I was typing didn't match :no:

What I need is just to make the normal window maximized when it opens no matter where it's opened from whether it's clicking a link in a web page or a link in an email or a shortcut on the desktop. I figure there must be a reg setting somewhere to tell Windows what size to make the IE window since it doesn't always open maximized.

I appreciate the response and the effort. I'll keep hunting too!
          Thanks!
          HT:thumb:

Comment

If it is launched from a shortcut, you can specify that it open maximized in the shortcut properties, under the shortcut tab -- there should be a drop-down box.

I'm not sure if that is a global setting, it may be? Nope just checked, still normalized when launced from a link in e-mail:(
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I use a utility to open IE maximized when I burn CDs with HTML descriptions of whats on the CD called WinOpen

http://www.duckware.com/winopen.html

it works via command line too..

for example:

winopen /max c:\temp\index.html

would open the file C:\temp\index.html in a maximized IE window.

it works with URL's too:

winopen /max http://www.google.com

opens google in a maximized window with your default browser..:thumb:

Comment

Working...
              X