Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Mess in XP

I'm in winxppro. To make a long story short, when I have messenger 5.0,
    (the new update), running, and I go to check my e-mail using Outlook Express, the old version 4.7 tries to turn itself on, so to me, they are two different programs. I want to know how I can avoid this and only be using messenger 5.0 when I go to check my e-mail. I hope I don't sound confusing!!
    Thx

Does 4.7 still show up in the add/remove programs list? By all rights 5.0 should've completely overwriten 4.7 but if it shows up then uninstall it though 5.0 may have to be reinstalled again if any of it's paths are effected. A lot of ppl seem to be havin' a few probs with the latest version by all reports but I havn't tried it as I use Trillian to for my all in one IM program. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
      Does 4.7 still show up in the add/remove programs list? By all rights 5.0 should've completely overwriten 4.7 but if it shows up then uninstall it though 5.0 may have to be reinstalled again if any of it's paths are effected. A lot of ppl seem to be havin' a few probs with the latest version by all reports but I havn't tried it as I use Trillian to for my all in one IM program. ;)
      only after I edited the syssoc.inf & remove "hide" from the proper line. then it's vis in the add/remove windows components menu. but still hangin'.

Comment

Do you really need messenger at all? :?:

Comment

Wiggo , I hate ms mess! the wife likes it tho:( I'm training her to use yahoo chatter now

Comment

Well once ya ween her off it then just change the name of messengers folder and that should rid ya of the prob altogether. ;)

Comment

i am having the same probs having just updated to the new version. is there a way round it as most of my friends and colleagues also so this service also. thx Andy.

Comment

i'll try that again, but this time making some sense. i am having the same probs having just updated to the new version. is there a way round it as most of my friends and colleagues also use this service. thx Andy.

Comment

Trillian will let you connect with AIM, ICQ, IRC, Messenger and Yahoo all at the same time. It's a good program and I've been usin' it for almost 2 years now. :thumb:

I eliminate messenger. :devil: :hammer: :shoot3:

Comment

can you access your hotmail account with trilian? i'm quite new to computing but i know that every time you go into hotmail your ms mess starts up.

Comment

Yes you can. The only features that it misses out on is webcam functions which I can do without. ;)

Comment

thx for your reply. i have downloaded trilian and its very good. you can use the webcam function on aim. thx again.:D

Comment

trillian is cool tis wat i use so it must b

also another solution would b 2 stop MSN from running, there r several ways and several different results from just outlook not running the program to it not being allowed to run at all, im gunna b lazy and point to TT's reformat to relax XP tweaking guide and also the other TT xp tweak guide which have all the information

Comment

Working...
                          X