Nero and XP assistance required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nero and XP assistance required

G'day All. Got a little prob that has me stumped !
    I have Nero [latest version] and installed WNASPI32dll as per instructions from the Ahead site. Have burnt a few CD's with no probs but today have made a few coasters. Burnt till about the 10% mark and then the system just re-booted by itself.
    I havn't changed any setting re buffer/pagefile etc etc, all are at default.
    The error log is as follows;

Sunday, January 13, 2002 EventSyste m The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 80070422 from line 44 of d:\nt\com\com1x\src\events\tie r1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.
    Sunday, January 13, 2002 VSS Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x80040206.

I then removed the aspi layer and used aspi force to intall again with the same results. Just after re-installing then ran aspi check for this result;

LOG0143: ************************************************** ***************
    LOG0144: Starting ASPICHK installer on Sun Jan 13 13:07:13 2002
    ASPICHK0438: OS = Windows NT (5.01.2600)
    UPGRADE1004: c:\windows\system32\wnaspi32.dll dated 01/10/2002 23:01:24, 155715 bytes.
    UPGRADE1062: c:\windows\system32\wnaspi32.dll version 2.0.1.41
    UPGRADE0965: File c:\windows\system\winaspi.dll does not exist
    UPGRADE0369: No existing file to compare, upgrade recommended
    UPGRADE0965: File c:\windows\system32\drivers\aspi32.sys does not exist
    UPGRADE0965: File c:\windows\system\wowpost.exe does not exist
    ASPICHK0522: Inconsistent version numbers among components
    ASPICHK0592: ASPI installation has problems
    LOG0218: Closing installer log on Sun Jan 13 13:07:13 2002
    LOG0219: ************************************************** ***************

So Gents, any guiding hands would be greatly appreciated

hmm i don't think nero uses aspi to burn..dunno, xp doesn't have aspi btw..

Comment

G'day again, just checked my Event Viewer and by Geez, there seems to be a lot of error reporting going on lol.
      I need a tad on info on the following 2 errors which re-appear quite a few times.

"The UPS Service is not configured correctly"

and for the second;

"AMLI:APCI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0X71), which lies in the 0X70 -0X71 protected address range. This could lead to system instablility. Please contact your system vendor etc etc"

These events appear reasonably consistant with the times I am attampting to burn a CD, when the system boots by itself.
      Any ideas appreciated. Ta gents.
      This is driving me to

Comment

i would say xp could be having driver issues with your chipset, its worth telling us what your exact configuration is so we can delve into this further...

as for whoever said nero doesn't use aspi layer. pfft

i pity the f00..
        if you have applied all your updates from microsoft and do have the latest version of nero, i would suggest just re-installing your m/b drivers, or something of the like, as it seems to be that the problem is not directly related to nero, but more, only emphasised by it...

the ups message is just the UPS service is set to auto and u haven't got it monitoring a valid com-port

just go to service manager and set the UPS service to "manual"

i would suggest also a re-install of the OS (pending on hardware info) and disable the HAL / ACPI use/support, its a pain...

Comment

Ta for your efforts from Windy Warrnambool.
          The UPS in services is indeed already set to manual.

If I go power options/UPS, there is no device selected and it tells me the UPS service is currently stopped.

I have the latest drivers from Via for my M/board, think its ver 4.37.

I have the latest ver of nero and am up to date with updates from MS.

Where can i find the HAL / ACPI use/support option?

Someone suggested it may be a bad sector on a hard drive {Nero is installed in "C", and it fails when trying to burn from "E" - further to that after it re-boots it usually automatically scans "E" as it may contain errors"}

Scan Disc obviously dosnt fix whatever it is, anyother way to check for bad sectors?

Can list more details about my system mate, what is it you wish to know? And once again, thanks for your efforts:D

Someone sent me this, but It it a bit beyond me
          http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/onnow/BIOSAML.htm

Comment

Probably not a bad sector but the ACPI error you see was a common problem with XP and motherboards. Go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and see if there is a new BIOS for your board. Most have issued a BIOS fix for this problem.

HTH!

Chazz271

Comment

and with the latest version of nero u don't need to install anything else - it runs fine
              http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Ta Kheldar;) , hehe bendigo hey!, was up there a few weeks ago.

Well mate the plot thickens, last few times on burning attempts to boot , just an error message.
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Windows XP 5.1
                WinAspi: File 'Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=4.57 (1008), size=48128 bytes, created 12/23/1997 11:00:00 AM
                ahead WinASPI: File 'C:\Program Files\ahead\Nero\Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=2.0.1.28, size=172099 bytes, created 1/17/2002 7:38:54 PM
                Nero Version: 5.5.6.4
                Recorder: <HP CD-Writer+ 9100> Version: 1.0a - HA 1 TA 1 - 5.5.6.4
                Adapter driver: <atapi> HA 1
                Drive buffer : 4096kB
                Bus Type : default (0) -> ATAPI
                CD-ROM: <E-IDE CD-ROM 50X L> Version: 13 - HA 1 TA 0 - 5.5.6.4
                Adapter driver: <atapi> HA 1
                Bus Type : default (0) -> ATAPI

=== Scsi-Device-Map ===
                DiskPeripheral : QUANTUM FIREBALLlct20 20 atapi Port 0 ID 0 DMA: On
                DiskPeripheral : ST313032A atapi Port 0 ID 1 DMA: On
                CdRomPeripheral : E-IDE CD-ROM 50X L atapi Port 1 ID 0 DMA: On
                CdRomPeripheral : HP CD-Writer+ 9100 atapi Port 1 ID 1 DMA: On
                =======================

AutoRun : 1
                Excluded drive IDs:
                CmdQueuing : 1
                CmdNotification: 2
                WriteBufferSize: 48234496 (0) Byte
                ShowDrvBufStat : 0
                EraseSpeed : 0
                BUFE : 0
                Physical memory : 383MB (392692kB)
                Free physical memory: 160MB (163860kB)
                Memory in use : 58 %
                Uncached PFiles: 0x0
                Use Static Write Speed Table: 0
                Use Inquiry : 1
                Global Bus Type: default (0)
                Wizard: On

Audio-CD
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------And then at the end of the "attempted burn"
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------8:56:46 PM #20 SCSI -1066 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 1203
                SCSI Exec, HA 1, TA 1, LUN 0, buffer 0x01FC4538
                HA-Status 0x00 (0x00, OK)
                TA-Status 0x02 (0x01, SCSI_TASTATUS_CHKCOND)
                Sense Key: 0x05 (KEY_ILLEGAL_REQUEST)
                Sense Code: 0x24
                Sense Qual: 0x00
                CDB Data: 0x5D 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0xA0 0x00 0x00 0x00
                Sense Data: 0x70 0x00 0x05 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x12
                0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x24 0x00

8:56:46 PM #21 mmc -1066 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 1394
                Invalid field in command

8:56:46 PM #22 TRANSFER -27 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 1394
                Could not perform start of Disc At Once

8:56:46 PM #23 Phase 38 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1436
                Burn process failed at 4x (600 KB/s)

8:56:46 PM #24 Text 0 File Scsicmd.cpp, Line 371
                SCSI not using temporary buffers
                20 out of 20 temporary buffers allocated
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                If you can make head or tails of that please do mate, I'm all ears !

Comment

1) Regarding the ASPI package, I'd say uninstall it. Nero needs nothing in addition in order to write. After you uninstall it, do a reinstallation of Nero
                  2) Check the MB vendor's website, to get a new BIOS, which fixes the ACPI errors, or change the HAL to Standard PC.
                  3) Go to Windows Update and get the CD burner update (if you haven't got it yet)

HAL: Hardware abstraction layer. Unfortunately, windows uses that as a base, therefore (in theory) you cannot change HAL without reinstalling XP. I think, however, there is a "quick and dirty" method for switching from ACPI HAL to Standard PC HAL. DO a search in Google or/and the MS Knowledgebase for HAL change.

Comment

Working...
                  X