Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to repair pst files

Hi, I need repair a pst files, I've tried these steps but does not work

- Open Windows Explorer and select the drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE14 folder.
    - Double-click Scanpst.exe.
    - In the Enter the name of the file you want to scan box, enter the name of the .pst or .ost file that you want to check, or click Browse to select the file.

- To specify the scan log options, click Options, and then click the option that you want.

- Click Start.

- If errors are found, you are prompted to start the repair process to fix the errors.

- A backup file is created during the repair process. To change the default name or location of this backup file, in the Enter name of backup file box, enter a new name, or click Browse to select the file that you want to use.

- Click Repair.

- Start Outlook with the profile that contains the .pst file that you tried to repair.

- In the Navigation Pane, click Folder List.

I need to repair the file faster, there is a free software for this?

Re: How to repair pst files

Hi Doane,

The fact is scanpst is likely to nail the process of repair every time you run it. So, the chances of reverting data in a healthy manner using scanpst is possibly sub-optimal. You need to rely on any third party utility for this. Do a Google search for a tool that can reduce the corruption wariness of PST file and can repair your Outlook Data File.

Thanks & Regards
    Andrew

Comment

I would like to share another Outlook PST Repair Tool to restore PST items from inaccessible corrupt file. This PST Repair tool recover your large size outlook pst file. Read S. Rawat's Blog for more details of this tool: S. Rawat's Blog || How to Repair Outlook PST File

Comment

Thank you guys, but I used this tool that works fine and repair pst files that are larger than 2GB.

Comment

Outlook repair software to scan the corrupted file and retrieve all recoverable data for you. It is also possible to find a data recovery expert or company to do the task, but in most of the cases, they will also use a third-party tool to do the recovery for you.

There are a lot of online resources discussing about how to recovering corrupt or damaged PST files.

First, the Microsoft offical tool scanpst, also called Inbox Repair Tool, can repair the PST file, you can refer the following articles:

Describes how to find the Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe) that is designed to repair the personal folder (.pst) files.

Describes how to find the Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe) that is designed to repair the personal folder (.pst) files.

Second, there are many third-party Outlook recovery tools you can try, below is a list of them:

DataNumen Outlook Repair - Competitive Comparison

Nearly all these tools provide a free trial so you can try first to see if a tool works before purchase it.

The main difference between using the software by yourself and by a third-party service company is:
          1. The company is familiar with the data recovery industry so he knows which software is the best one. While you need to search and compare the software online by yourself, which is time-consuming.
          2. The company purchases the software for multiple usages, while you purchase the software for one-time usage only. So normally the service fee may be cheaper than the license fee for the software.
          3. DIY will keep your data confidential while do the recovery via a company may cause data breach.

If you want to perform a DIY recovery, then you can try DataNumen Outlook Repair at:

DataNumen Outlook Repair - Best Outlook recovery tool. PST repair tool.

I have used it in the past and it works well.

Hope this will help

Good luck!
          Last edited by joy5284451; 04-06-2017, 01:30 AM.

Comment

There are many Outlook PST repair tool available online but few of them are so useful, I would like to refer PST repair software like RecoveryFix for Outlook PST Repair software. It works fast and provide an effective solution. It repairs corrupt, damaged and inaccessible Outlook personal storage folder (.pst) file. It is compatible with Outlook versions 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000 and 98. Read more PST Repair

Comment

What is the size of PST file? If your PST size is under 2 GB then Scanpst is the right choice, but if it is above 2 GB, it will take long time to scan and the result will be repair job failure. Why...? Because it is the limitation of Inbox repair tool that stops it to fix the PST file which size is exceeded than 2 GB. So if you've to finish the job quickly and your PST file is oversized, try any professional Outlook repair tool. In case if you've found above software suggestions not impressive, you may give another Outlook PST repair software a try!

However, the time to repair the PST file depends on the size of file and level of corruption; whether you're using scanpst or any third party tool.

Hope, it helps.

Comment

Sometimes, corruption in Outlook profile can lead error towards PST file. If this problem is related to you, then you should repair user profile of MS Outlook. This procedure can easily perform manually. To know how it is executed, read the guide from: http://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/repair-profile-outlook-2007-2010-2013-2016/

Comment

To repair PST files, you can use Inbox Repair Tool. It is a very effective and free application of MS Outlook that helps to fix PST errors. You can also try a third party Outlook PST repair software to repair corrupt PST files. The software also allows you to recover inaccessible or lost emails and other data from corrupted PST files. For more information, visit: www.downloadscanpstexe.net

Comment

Re: How to repair PST files?

If you have corrupt PST file and you want to repair it, you should try the Inbox Repair tool, commonly known as scanpst.exe. It comes as a built-in repair tool with MS Outlook client. Via scanpst.exe, you can scan corrupt PST files for errors and fix them.

Refer to articles for some useful information -

Repair PST File by using Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe)

If the scanpst.exe fails or doesn't work, then only you should use a professional recovery solution. There are many vendors in the market who provide recovery solutions with free demo/trial version. By using demo/trial version, you can see what you could recover from the corrupt PST files before you can actually pay for the software.

Regards.

Comment

Errors related to PST files show up generally because of corruption of PST files, Most common reason for PST file corruption is an over sized PST file. Some of the most common solutions with links to this problem are mentioned below:

* Use Microsoft's Inbox Repair Tool 'scanpst.exe'
                      Access Denied

* Reinstalling MS Outlook might turn out to be fruitful as this process will reinstall any other MS Outlook file which might be causing such problems.

* Use an Antivirus. If you don't have one, GET ONE. Antivirus Software would target and remove any virus or malware that might be interfering with your PST file operations.

* Use PST File Repair software available online. Such kind of software is designed to repair and recover damaged and corrupted PST files and ensure maximum data recovery than any other resolutions available.
                      PST File Repair Tool | Recover Outlook PST File

* Use chkdsk utility available in Windows OS. It is Windows' proprietary disk corruption repair tool and it might solve any minor data corruption issues.
                      Run Microsoft CHKDSK from the command line

* Split and Compress PST files. If you are a tech-wizard and know your way around how to split MS Outlook files and then Compress the original file, it would turn out to be a great solution to your problems.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Helloguys, I had too experience the same like situation where I need torestore PST files as well as fix .pst corruption. Actually it happensthat some days earlier my PC somehow gets infected with PiratewareRansomware that is very dangerous and within short span of timeencrypted almost my data including .pst file and make itinaccessible. I tried all best to remove Pirateware Ransomware butunfortunate to do so and until its presence I was unable to access myimportant PST files. Thanks to my friend Joseph who suggested me FreeScanner to remove the ransomware impact and using the tool I washappy to remove Pirateware Ransomware but one major issues arises is.pst corruption.

Triedscanpst.exe to resolve the corruption issues but at some time itfails to do so. Search over Internet for a long term and finallyarrived at the given post where I found the perfect solution to fix.pst corruption issues :- Scanpst : Ultimate Solution to Fix .pst Corruption-download scanpst exe for outlook 2013 | Corrupt PST Repair

Comment

For quick recovery of damage or corrupted PST files you must you must go to browser and download Outlook PST recovery tool which smoothly recover damage PST files and repair into Outlook PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, and HTML are several formats to save it in desire location.
                          Get more information:
                          Outlook Recovery | PST Recovery | PST Repair

Comment

this outlook pst repair software is very interesting and works properly. I bought this software and repair my corrupt Outlook 2016 files.

Comment

To repair PST files inherit the use of PST Recovery tool; which help you perform quick recovering PST file support both formats ANSI and Unicode. Has the ability to recover Encrypted PST file. All these recoveries are possible by the help of embedded three recovery modes; Standard Mode: Deals with minor corruption, Advanced Mode: Restores major flaw and Deep Mode: It is valuable when both the modes become ineffective.
                              Last edited by lucasdawson1984; 09-25-2018, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X