Win 7 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 7 update

I can't seem to install an Intel Smart Connect Technology Device update from windows. Every time I try I get a failure notice.

Re: Win 7 update

Do you have the Intel Smart Connect Technology driver and ASRock Smart Connect utility installed and in use now?

Comment

I have the ASRock Smart Connect utility but I don't think I have the driver because it keeps failing to install.

Comment

The Smart Connect driver that Intel has on their download website states in the description that it should only be used when the Smart Connect driver is already installed.

Assuming the Windows update for the Smart Connect driver is the same thing, it makes sense that it would fail, if you don't have the driver installed.

You should be able to find the Smart Connect driver in the Windows Programs and Feature list, if it is installed.

If you don't have the driver installed, which means this feature is not useable on your PC, why are you concerned that its driver update won't install?

If you want this update to install, then download the original driver from your board's download page, install it, and then the update will probably install. Note that their are instructions for the installation and configuration of this feature:

ASRock > Z77 Extreme4

Comment

Working...
        X