Help with church computer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with church computer....

OK I have a church computer that we use in our main sanctuary. We have two projectors hooked up to the computer and therefore we need to keep all of the data on the hard drive as we would need new drivers for them which we would not want to get!

But here is the problem....we want to upgrade that computer with a newer one while still being able to use the p[rojectors and any other files we have on it...I thought it would be as simple as just taking off the SATA hard drive and installing it in our new computer...but my friend that knows computers says that the OS which is windows vista...is tied to the motherboard and CPU...and he said if we take it out and simply put it in another computer...it will not work because everything will be different! The motherboard, RAM , CPU...etc. But the hard drive has drivers on it that make the computer we have work with the projectors in the church and I am not sure where to download those or even what proigram they use. You see, the guy that put all this stuff on there originally now no longer goes to that church.

So is there anyway we can keep the programs and files and either reformat theat hard drive or get a new one and put vista back on it?

What is the simplest and easiest program to use for beginners?
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.
Working...
X