Windows 2000 Pro help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2000 Pro help

Alright well here at work we have win 2k pro running on all the comps and on 2 i keep getting a weird error, when people open up IE it freezes and when you ctrl/alt/del and try to close the prog through there you get an msg that says "the program cannnot be closed while it is debugging" what the hell is that? I sounds like a trojan to me, but i have run virus scan and nothing comes up, and i have used a trojan finding program like the cleaner and i still cant find anything. Any suggestions will be welcome, and feel free to e-mail me also. Thanks.

-Chris-.

i had the same problem i just changed the hard drive . norton did not find anything nor did the help desk here at work

Comment

have you tried making sure disable script debugging is checked under

tools.. internet options.. advanced?

Comment

Yeah script debugging is checked. Hmm....anyone got any other suggestions, because scrapping the drive isnt an option, these are work puters, i dont they would like that, hehe.

-Chris-

Comment

is MDM [the Machine Debug Manager] Running..? I believe it gets installed with office 2000/XP [the one in office XP is called MDM9].

check the Run keys in the registry for these entries. disable them and see if you still get the error messages.

Comment

Working...
          X