Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error installing Win7 from USB to netbook

Hey guys,

I am trying to install Windows 7 to a Netbook. Its a Toshiba NB255. I've done this many times to many different computers and netbooks, but this one seems to be giving me an error. The problem is when I go to format the hard drive when I want to install, it does not create the system partition. So it gives me an error at the bottom saying that Windows cannot be installed to Disk 0 Partition 1. Then I can click it and the details are :
    Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that this disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu.

I read somewhere that this can be a problem when you have a USB drive connected during boot and the system thinks that the usb is the primary drive or something. But the problem is I can only install via usb on this netbook. The netbook is a Toshiba NB 255 and the BIOS version is 1.3

I have tried changing the boot order around many times, with no difference.

Can anyone please help me? Thanks!

Re: Error installing Win7 from USB to netbook

I think it would be better if you would save Windows 7 over a hard drive before you install it to your netbook. :)

Comment

Working...
    X