I get a BSOD loading XP,please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get a BSOD loading XP,please read

I'm running my sig rid with vista32 bit now. I want to wipe it down and load XP(my games work on XP) I reset everything in the bios to load the CD first and the hdd second. It go through the loading of things and when it would get ready to load windows it blue screens. I have tried differend drives,one ram stick,different XP disk,even tried win7 disk and its still the same. Heres the deal,if i dont ht a key to load the XP disk and let it load into vista it works fine,like now. Could someone help??
    Thanks
    The Muncher

Main Rig
    CPU)Q9550@
    MOBO)EP45-UD3P rev.1.0
    RAM) 4g G-Skill 1066
    PSU)Corsair TX-750
    HDD) 2 Seagate 250 Raid-0
    VIDEO)EVGA 275 GTX super clock
    SOUND) Xonar DX 7.1
    MONITOR) Hanns-G 28'WS
    OS) Win 7 64 bit

Life is like a sheet sandwitch,the more bread you have the less sheet you'll have to eat

Re: I get a BSOD loading XP,please read

I have also removed the battery,shorted the two pins.It running at stock speeds so......
    Thanks
    The Muncher

Main Rig
    CPU)Q9550@
    MOBO)EP45-UD3P rev.1.0
    RAM) 4g G-Skill 1066
    PSU)Corsair TX-750
    SOUND) Xonar DX 7.1
    MONITOR) Hanns-G 28'WS
    OS) Win 7 64 bit

Life is like a sheet sandwitch,the more bread you have the less sheet you'll have to eat

Comment

I have even tried different hard drives,so.... it has to be something in the motherboard and the settings,what da think??

This seems to be a one sided comversation
      Thanks
      The Muncher

Main Rig
      CPU)Q9550@
      MOBO)EP45-UD3P rev.1.0
      RAM) 4g G-Skill 1066
      PSU)Corsair TX-750
      SOUND) Xonar DX 7.1
      MONITOR) Hanns-G 28'WS
      OS) Win 7 64 bit

Comment

I'm really curious as to what games you have that do not work with Vista? Does the version of XP have any service packs integrated? The original XP disks did not have support for PCI Express .
        Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

As PrairieDawg said, the original XP disc does not have the drivers to load PCI-E, this is the problem I had when I set up my system with the UD3P board. I have almost the exact system you have and in order for my XP pro disc to work I had to make a slipstreamed copy of the disk with SP3 in it to get it to install. My XP pro disc is OEM and is the original disc with absolutely no SP's on it. Here is a link to the niffty little program I used to make a slipstreamed copy of XP pro with SP3 and everything worked great~

nLite - Deployment Tool for the bootable Unattended Windows installation

nLite - Deployment Tool for the bootable Unattended Windows installation - Guide <--has a great guide on how to do it as well, Parts 1,2 and 3 at the top of the page ^^

Keep in mind, it doesnt matter if you have an XP cd that has no SP's on it or one that has SP1 or SP2 on it, it still works just fine.

hth
          Last edited by Brigs; 10-03-2009, 10:19 AM.
          Core 2 Quad Q9550 E0 step; OC @ 3.61Ghz (425x8.5) ~ stable
          Zalman CNPS8700
          Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit
          Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P rev1.6 , BIOS FB
          4Gb Gskill 1066 (2x2) [ P K ] F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK @ 5-5-5-15 ~2.1v
          http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=57
          CoolerMaster HAF 922 mid-tower
          WD Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB (main)
          WDC 80GB WD800JD (backup)
          Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650w PSU
          BFG 8800 GTS 512
          Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1

Comment

thanks Brigs i'll give a look over
            Thanks
            The Muncher

Main Rig
            CPU)Q9550@
            MOBO)EP45-UD3P rev.1.0
            RAM) 4g G-Skill 1066
            PSU)Corsair TX-750
            SOUND) Xonar DX 7.1
            MONITOR) Hanns-G 28'WS
            OS) Win 7 64 bit

Comment

Working...
            X