Random Crashing - resets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Crashing - resets

I have recently bougght a ABIT AT7 motherboard running a 2100 AMD XP prossesser with 512 meg of 333DDR kingmax ram, and Windows XP pro
    unfortuantly ever since this has been put together i have had random resets of my computer.....usualy if the system is left idle for a short time, and somtimes whilst running programs or running the internet,
    I have checked the power settings in control panel and run norton antivirus 2002 (updated) and found no problems
    This is obviously not only annoying but dangerrous to my work
    Can anybody help ??????
    Count

It's more than likely doing that due to a data or driver error so right-click the My Computer icon, select Properties, then the Advanced tab. Click the Startup and Recovery button and remove the check box next to Automatically Reboot. When the machine restarts next, it will display a blue screen (a STOP error) with something like "IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL". Tell us what the error is and the name of the file mentioned and we'll see if we can pin point the prob for ya.
    Also could be the PSU so what rating is it? :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

:confused:
      thanx for the reply ....i tried the unticking of the box in the my computer icon propeties....reset the computer manually and no ble screen with message...
      I then left the computer idle for about half an hour and it reset itself with no prompt to do so
      I`m unsure what you mean by PSU please explain so i can relay relevant info
      thanx
      Count

Comment

Many ppl have updated older systems with 250w power supplies or used cheap generic cases with low quality ones and find that these just don't supply enough current to keep the system working propperly which in some cases will cause the random resets as well other strange probs. The unit will have a sticker on it with its rating. :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

i found the answer ... the fan and heatsinc were incorrectly fitted by PC World and basicly over the 2 weeks i had it the system got hotter and hotter till it burnt the chip and crippled the motherboard...after a week of repair i now have an MSI KT3Ultra motherboard courtesy of pc world which so far is working better than the previous.
          Thanx for help hopefully all will be ok now
          Count
          :cheers: :D

Comment

Also dows anyone know how to unlock a Creative 12X dvd rom....????????

Comment

Working...
            X