Computer Freezing up during Vista install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Freezing up during Vista install

I'm trying to install Vista Home Premium 64 on my computer. I currently have XP installed. I am attempting to install Vista on a separate physical HDD. The install goes smoothly through the first phase. Then it reboots to the completing installation screen. After about 3 minutes everything freezes. I can't figure out why. I've tried 3 times now and now when I boot up the computer I get a boot menu with 1 XP option a 3 Vista options (all of which are corrupted due to the freezing up). I'm running an EVGA 680i mobo, 4 GB of supertalent ram, 2.6 GHz proc, Nvidia GTX 8800. I have all my printers and hardware hooked up as if I had xp running the whole time. Does this make a difference? should I unplug them?
    Thanks

Re: Computer Freezing up during Vista install

You can try to disconnect the printer but I don't know that it would make a difference.

Are you loading the new OS from a factory DVD disk or an image that uses a loader program? That can make a difference. Also, you might try disconnecting the first drive and having only the drive you will install to hooked up. I haven't run into any issues with multiple drives but some others have reported problems of one variety or another.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Re: Computer Freezing up during Vista install

I'm installing from a factory DVD disk. I'll try disconnecting the other drives.

Comment

Working...
      X