Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me get Xp Pro off my system, I want My Home Back (Xp) that is!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me get Xp Pro off my system, I want My Home Back (Xp) that is!!

Ok, Like a Dumb Ass I allowed this so called computer wiz to install xp pro on my system. and It worked fine for a few months, (and yes like an idiot I paid him!) Anyway I go too open My media player the other day and I get a message that my windows needs to be validated. Long story short I go through the validation process, only to find that This Nimrod put a Pirated version of the software on my system, Now I can't Upgrade My media player or explorer and to make matters worst the guy just up and moved. I have the Recovery disc for the system and went through the grooling process of backing up my files to disc and ran the recovery disc and now my system is saying it can't find the EuLA for my system( What ever the hell that is?) can someone please tell me how to get My Xp Home back. Please Help me!!

Re: Please help me get Xp Pro off my system, I want My Home Back (Xp) that is!!

I am not positive, but I believe the key resides somewhere on the CD and there is a very small chance you could recover it. Also, if you have OEM, there should have been a sticker placed somewhere on your PC with the code. If you can't find the code those 2 ways, it is time to buy another copy of XP. Otherwise, if you still have the pirated copy of XP PRO on there, google around and you'll find ways to "fix" it.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

The key does not reside on the CD. All the CD is is an algorithm that will recognize whether a key is appropriate for it's version.

Your computer should have a key somewhere on the case itself. You will have to reinstall using XP Home Edition and the key. If it is a brand name computer, such as a Dell, you might need to use a CD specific to that OEM. In any case, you might have to call Microsoft for activation, which will take about five minutes.

Comment

in the short term, if you need to use media player, i had the same problem. Uninstall media player and download Windows Media Player 10 from the net. THis version doesn't have the validation and runs just fine.

Comment

why are you bothered? the new explorer is gay and you can do fine with MP 10, while xp pro is better than home.
          well, okay, thats a pirates attitude but thats what i think

Comment

Working...
          X