Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solve Genuine Windows Validation update issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solve Genuine Windows Validation update issue.

Originally posted by Milenko22
    As you know you can't delete it because it's a running process.
    Safemode should take care of that.

Comment

Hi all,
      The muBlinder worked for me, I'm able to download updates now, but I would like to install Windows Defender. Everything runs smooth, I can download the installer, but when I come to the part I got to actually install it, I get another Genuine error. Check the SS below. Can anything be done against it?

Comment

Yep, buy Windows
        E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

I did. Smartass.

Comment

No need to be mouthy. If you are getting the above "Invalid product licence key" then you are not using your key that you payed for and is considered illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefarious
              I did. Smartass.
              Well if you own the volume licence key for that windows product you have installed it on too many machines and/or given it to someone who has then distributed it wantonly or a similar scenario, that is the only reason you get that message, the VLK has reached its maximum number of uses.

That said, if you have legitimately purchased a pc with a volume licence version of windows installed on it I would be fronting the vendor immediately and demanding to know why this is the situation. Either get your money back or a legitimate version of Windows complete with disk..
              Last edited by ANZAC_ELITE; 06-09-2006, 01:16 AM.
              E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

I'm sorry for my reaction, especially since I only have like, what? 2-3 posts. Nice first impression. But the fact he gave me this sarcastic comment: "Yep, buy windows." pissed me of a bit. By this I want to apologize for my rude behaviour...

It's been a while since I brought my PC to a store to get it formatted, apparently these guys used an illegal version of windows on my pc?

Comment

It would appear that way to me, did you receive a Windows disk or restore disks when you purchased your pc?? if not then you may well be the victim of Windows fraud by the looks. I would contact your vendor and see what they have to say ...... my guess is they'll try and run for cover.

When you bought your pc you should have received a Windows XP disk or if it is a brand name pc you should have got restore disks. The fact that you state " It's been a while since I brought my PC to a store to get it formatted..." leads me to believe you have no disks of any type which in turn strengthens my belief that you have been ripped off. I see you have Office installed as well, by the same people?? if so my guess would be that it is also "not genuine" ...... it would pay to check that out too.

Good luck finding a resolution.

EDIT: Sorry for the "Buy Windows" post, it's just when you usually see people with minimal post counts asking the sort of question you were asking they have pirated windows. Due to legal considerations this type of post is not condoned. I was a little quick to jump on you I admit, seeing as how you seem to be a genuine victim of fraud. I apologise.
                  Last edited by ANZAC_ELITE; 06-09-2006, 03:00 PM.

Comment

If in fact you bought the computer with Windows preinstalled, then this error indicates it was with a pirated copy. You can get a discount off of Windows XP by contacting Microsoft and turning them in. However, the discount is for a retail copy and the result is that it is the same price as an OEM copy. For all intents and purposes, the two are identical.

That said, if you were charged for a computer with Windows, you should certainly contact the authorities as you will be able to press charges and recieve compensation.

Comment

Originally posted by ANZAC_ELITE
                      Well if you own the volume licence key for that windows product you have installed it on too many machines and/or given it to someone who has then distributed it wantonly or a similar scenario, that is the only reason you get that message, the VLK has reached its maximum number of uses.

That said, if you have legitimately purchased a pc with a volume licence version of windows installed on it I would be fronting the vendor immediately and demanding to know why this is the situation. Either get your money back or a legitimate version of Windows complete with disk..
                      You know what bothers me on Microsoft? Well, i repair peoples computers, as a hobby. I have this one client, who is a major dumb a** when it comes to computers. I have had to restore his computer more than 2 times. I know i should ghost his hard drive, but i didn't . anyways, he has a legal copy of windows for that computer, so why should he have to buy another one if he has used the key more than 2x? I would like to say that his hard drive also bit the dust once too. Microsoft just wants people to keep paying for their products over and over again. If that microsoft key is registered to that person, then they should be able to use it over and over again. Lets face it, they are always going to have people who hack. But for us honest people out there, it's a shame we have to suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by whitewolf36
                        ......., he has a legal copy of windows for that computer, so why should he have to buy another one if he has used the key more than 2x? .......
                        The simple answer to that is ........ he doesn't, if it is Home or Pro. My bet is that Nefarious has had a copy of Pro Corporate loaded to his pc, hence the VLK, anyone with an ordinary version of XP (not corporate) does not have a VLK restriction, if hardware changes or formatting uses the number of first allocated activations you simply phone the number you are prompted to phone, Microsoft will give you a string to input and you're good to go once more.

Now if you are talking about installing it on two different pc's then you run into the EULA from Microsoft regarding their " one XP, one pc" theory, but it must be realised that this is a tad misleading in itself, as you can use the same copy on a Laptop, to the best of my knowledge this is still allowed.

Lastly, with the advent of the imminent Vista release I can purchase XP Pro Upgrade here for $A98.00, approximtely $US75.00 which is hardly expensive, I bought two copies on the weekend, one for my boys new pc and one for my next build (I'm going to wait a while before jumping on the Vista bandwagon as the first year after release is usually dedicated to bug fixes )

Comment

Working...
                        X