Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solve Genuine Windows Validation update issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solve Genuine Windows Validation update issue.

Just thought I'd post this here incase someone is stuggling with Windows XP updates..................................

If anyone is having problems updating their version of WinXP becuase of Genuine Windows Validation issues and you don't care to call MS and wait for someone to answer or type in a bunch of codes everytime you decide to do it, just disable Genuine Windows Validation from IE's Tools -> Manage Add-ons -> "Add-ons that have been used by IE" -> Windows Genuine Advantage and check "disable".

Please note that this is not a hack!

Re: Solve Genuine Windows Validation update issue.

Where? I don't have a "Manage Add-ons" selection under the Tools tab and a quick search of the help files doesn't display this. Is this a SP2 thing?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
      Where? I don't have a "Manage Add-ons" selection under the Tools tab and a quick search of the help files doesn't display this. Is this a SP2 thing?

It's possible since I have SP2 integrated into my Win XP install, I wouldn't know what it's like without it.... Pic included.
      Attached Files

Comment

Is this a SP2 thing?
        Yep.

Comment

I'm running Windows XP Pro with SP2 v.2082 and I dont have the Manage Add-Ons in my IE Tools either.

Anybody know why?
          Or do I need to install the Genuine Windows Validation software first?

Comment

Spongebob, you're a champion!

Comment

hi, it really works for my xp P_C, but how can do it with windows 2003?
              i have services pack1 for windows 2003 and Internet explorer doesnt have the Manage Add-ons menu option...

How can do in under that Internet__Explorer?
              (Note, the javascript hack didnt work either)

thanks in advance

Comment

If you don't have the 'manage add-on' button in 'internet options' use this command

In URL bar

Before pressing 'Custom' or 'Express' buttons paste this text to the address bar and press enter:

javascript:void(window.g_sDisableWGACheck='all')

It turns off the trigger for the key check.

Comment

For those of you who do not have the Manage Add-ons listed on the Tools menu, you can access the same thing from the Internet Options at tht bottom of the tools menu. Go to the Programs Tab and click Manage Add-Ons link at the bottom of the window.

Same results.
                  :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Toker
                    If you don't have the 'manage add-on' button in 'internet options' use this command

In URL bar

Before pressing 'Custom' or 'Express' buttons paste this text to the address bar and press enter:

It turns off the trigger for the key check.
                    Mate, you are a genius!

Thanks. I had the unfortunate coincidence where I installed the validation tool before SP2 also, thus was stuck in a dead end.
                    I registered just to say that.

Comment

Originally posted by Inimbrium
                      Mate, you are a genius!

Thanks. I had the unfortunate coincidence where I installed the validation tool before SP2 also, thus was stuck in a dead end.
                      I registered just to say that.
                      Glad I could help. And a side note to using that method is, be sure to turn on automatic update and you won't have to keep typing that in. And you'll get your updates automatically then. (I'd still use the javascript method every once in awhile though just to make sure you're getting everything you need).

Comment

Alright so I tried "the url" right before I click express or custom, but after i download SP2 and try to install... the final error is given that its not a valid copy... I also tried trixie WGA workaround through Trixie and that didn't work either, and that didnt work either... and lastly I don't have that damn Manage Add On button every1 is speaking of... Anything else I can possibly try? Appreciate any help

Comment

You're the first one that's ever told me it hasn't worked...... are you sure you typed it in correctly (and hit enter)???

Comment

Hi,
                            I know that the Windows Validation update is uninstallable, so my question is: Does it change your bootup process at all? In order for my son to play some downloaded game, we had to install a dotnet fx program. It changed our bootup process by stopping at a password window. The password window had our account, a guest account, and some ASP account. We only had to click on our regular account to continue booting, but I just didn't want to have to do that everytime. Does the Windows Validation process cause anything like that to happen? I have also never ran the Windows sp2 pak either, because I've read that some software/programs have trouble running after that's installed. Any comments on that?
                            Thanx!
                            Mike

Comment

TOKER that didnt work...i typed it in (actally i copy and pasted it in) and it didnt work...i too dont have that stupid manage add ons button i am hearing so much about...do ppl even look at this anymore?
                              is there a java program i need to install (i just installed 5.0 run time envirtonment) so im at a loss...is there ANY toehr way to make this bloody thing work!?

Comment

Working...
                              X