bad_pool_header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad_pool_header

wuts that supposed to mean? keep getting a BSOD... the problem was bad_pool_header...anyone?

Re: bad_pool_header

You're going to have to provide a lot more information than that, if you want anyone to post anything helpful.

Comment

Agreed. Even doing a search in the MSKB comes up with no matches for your error. We'll need a minimum of base system specs, operating system being used and the exact wording of the BSOD error message.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

ok... sorry... yep i couldnt find anything online so... ok when it happens again ill post everything... thx for the help

Comment

Post your operating system and system specifications, while you're at it...

Comment

I thought I had asked for that, but maybe I'm mistaken?
            My Toys

Comment

You were not mistaken.

Comment

I know... Just being an ass.
                My Toys

Comment

BSOD the Solution:

Did you install Service Pack 2? Are you now suffering from the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)?. Here is the solution. I have spent 4 days hunting down the cause of my machine crashing and have finally cracked it. Maybe other people have a different cause than mine so my solution may not work for everyone.

After installing SP2 I suffered many crashes. In particular the Screen would turn blue and display a message starting "Bad_Pool_Header". And ending with STOP: 0X000000019....

Then my four day hunt for the cause started.

BSOD Solution
                  Basically I found two causes of the BSOD.
                  Cause 1: Corrupted file or folder.
                  Cause 2: Microsoft Indexing Service

Possibly these two causes are linked.

Solution for Cause 1
                  Onen up Explore (right click the start button), and expand your directory tree, starting from the C: drive. Click on each folder in turn and see if any cause the BSOD to appear. If so, reboot, and simply attempt to copy the folder, and then delete it.

Solution for Cause No 2
                  Switch off Microsoft's indexing service. You can do this by clicking the start button, select "Run", then type "msconfig", then select the "Services" TAB, scroll down to the Indexing Service and Switch it off. Reboot your computer, and good luck - maybe it will work, It solved the problem for me.

At first I thought I must have a third party software or hardware conflicting with SP2, but even after I had disconnected the internet, switched off all items in the startup TAB of msconfig, was still getting the BSOD. I tried surface scans, chkdsk, scan disk etc all to no avail. I tried defragmenting the disk, but the frequent crashes may have made things worse.

I discovered the computer was now crashing after about 7.5 minutes of being switched on. It did not matter whether anyone logged in or not.

Finally I went to msconfig (Start Run, MSCONFIG) and switched off "process System.ini files, Load System files, Load Startup Items. And the comuter stopped crashing. So then I added the item back one by one until I discovered the Microsoft Corporation Indexing Service which was causing the crash. I switched it off and switched everything else back on and AT LAST... No more BSOD

<!-- / message -->

Comment

It's better to do it through services.msc. I would recommend disabling the Indexing service even if you don't have SP2.

Comment

I have been having all sorts of problems with my PC since I got a NEC 2510A DVD burner. My usual blue screen has been whilst doing a DVD burn with the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000A

I tried removing all my USB devices and my CDR burner/DVD-ROM and the burn got further but this time I got the BAD_POOL_HEADER error and yet another coaster.

My spec is:
                      1900+ AMD Athlon
                      FIC AZ11EA Motherboard
                      512MB PC-133
                      NEC 2510A with latest firmware
                      Creative Audio 5.1 card
                      Toshiba DVD/CDR combo
                      Various USB devices like a 1212U agfa scanner, Wacom small tablet, Canon S600 printer.
                      Broadband via Ethernet

The full errors are

Bad Pool - 0x0000019 (0x00000020, 0xE2F6B000, 0xE2F6BFF8, 0xFFFFFFFF)
                      IRQL 0000000A ( 0x82850FF5, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x804FEACC)
                      Any ideas? I know the drive is okay as I have tried two of them, and they work okay on a friend's machine.

Comment

hmmm, two suggestions for you

one, move you physical ram from the slot its in, to another free slot ( it resolved my bad pool errors )

two, Turn off DEP, its horrible and causes loads of PC's to BSOD!

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click System.

2. Click the Advanced tab. Then, under Performance, click Settings.

3. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.

4. Click Turn off DEP.

Gary

Comment

BAD_POOL_HEADER Blue Screen of Death
                          http://www.tweaksforgeeks.com/BAD_POOL_HEADER.html

Comment

I have the same problem also. But however, I cannot seem to fix it no matter how I try. I'm not good with computers. These are my system specs:

Proscessor: (I'm not sure what it means so I just copied it.)Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 10 AuthenticAMD ~1808 Mhz
                            RAM: 512DDR
                            Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 9600 Pro(Gecube)
                            Motherboard:MSI K8N NEo Platinum

At first I thought it was a problem with my Video Games, but I don't play them anymore and it still persists. I turned of MS Indexing Service, and I checked every single folder in C: but none show the BSOD. I did a Memtest overnight and no errors were reported. Please help me, it's getting very annoying cause I just got this computer recently...
                            Last edited by pcalwaysdead; 01-01-2005, 10:48 PM.

Comment

I had the same problem, however, replaceing my ram fixed everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X