Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bad_pool_header

ANSWER

I got this crash using XP SP3 a few days ago and have gone nuts trying to fix. I would get this error by running Nero Info Tool. I have read every post on the net and a few led me to only one conclusion.

My cure was going back and reinstalling proper Motherboard, Video, and Sound drivers.. After that this crash has stopped.. I started with the CD's that came with each hardware item..

Good luck..
    Last edited by vppn; 05-09-2009, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vppn View Post
      ANSWER

My cure was going back and reinstalling proper Motherboard, Video, and Sound drivers.. After that this crash has stopped.. I started with the CD's that came with each hardware item..

Good luck..
      Yup, that's exactly what it turned out to be for me too ; drivers (in my case, the audio drivers). Once I updated those, I was golden - no more crashes.

More recently, I was mucking around with my system due to some other issue, and in all my trials & errors, I had uninstalled and reinstalled many Windows components and programs (IE6, OE6, among several other things situated in the WINDOWS folder). This did not harm my machine but I guess it reset my audio drivers back to the originals.

And in all this mucking around, the updated drivers that were found on my system when I upgraded to fix the crashing game issue, must have been deleted in the process, cos they could not be found for updating when I experienced another crash yesterday : while on a local city transit site, I tried to open a Flash map (while playing music), and the same thing happened ; the sound went rapidly "vibrating" for a few fractions of a second, before the entire system crashed. Very much the way it happened with my game issue.

So, with no newer drivers stored on my comp anywhere, I went to the site of my Sound Device (Realtek) and got the most recent drivers downlaoded and saved to a safe location where the system will not delete them again. After installing, I tried the Flash map on the transit site again (playing music, again), and everything was fine.

So the short answer for this issue (for anyone else with a similar problem reading this thread) would be : DRIVERS! Update them. Outdated drivers are the likely cause.

Thanks for your message to "confirm", vppn. :-)

WTW
      Last edited by WTWASP; 05-09-2009, 01:08 PM.

Comment

After about 10 hrs on the phone with dell we figured out that the cause of the Bad_Pool_Header BSOD was some corrupt Antivirus updates. If you have symantec you will need to obtain the removal from their support people.

Comment

I am trying to install Office enterprise 2007.
          Put the cd in and as it is accessing, I get the blue scree of death.
          No other install cd has ever given me this problem.

Any ideas?? Please!!

Comment

Working...
          X