Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

    Download Windows XP SP2 here:

    http://www.tweaktown.com/files/Windo...35-SP2-ENU.exe (266MB)

    List of other working mirrors - please let us know if some don't work or feel free to post new mirrors of your own:

    http://deathstar-mainframe.com/files...35-SP2-ENU.exe
    http://poseidon.siol.net/samurai/rac...35-SP2-ENU.exe
    http://www.teachingforum.net/Windows...35-SP2-ENU.exe
    http://cable.pchome.net/system/patch...35-SP2-ENU.exe
    http://www.wimervision.com/WindowsXP...35-SP2-ENU.exe
    http://www.adriandaz.karoo.net/Windo...35-SP2-ENU.exe
    http://www.betazplace.com/WindowsXP-...35-SP2-ENU.exe
    http://dlfzmobile.pchome.net/system/...35-SP2-ENU.exe




    Feel free to discuss Service Pack 2 here!



    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/...SP2LaunchPR.asp[/i]
    Last edited by Darthtanion; 09-22-2005, 05:54 AM.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

  • #2
    Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

    Awesome, I've got the official SP2; I was worried I didn't download the right one. I downloaded it the other day off of shareaza using this magnet link: <a href="magnet:?xt=urn:bitprint:GOUP55QNJCXB6LCP52RH CENPLTWKHRHW.V6B2CWO5AFPXR55JT27MJYHGL32XFABCWH6M7 AA&dn=WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe">Click Here.</a> Download it there if tweaktown is slow or full.

    I'm getting a new harddrive, so I decided to slipstream it with my original XP CD so I'll be ready to install a clean version of Windows XP SP2. =)
    Last edited by provoko; 08-09-2004, 11:23 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

      Originally posted by provoko
      Awesome, I've got the official SP2; I was worried I didn't download the right one. I downloaded it the other day off of shareaza using this magnet link: <a href="magnet:?xt=urn:bitprint:GOUP55QNJCXB6LCP52RH CENPLTWKHRHW.V6B2CWO5AFPXR55JT27MJYHGL32XFABCWH6M7 AA&dn=WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe">Click Here.</a> Download it there if tweaktown is slow or full.

      I'm getting a new harddrive, so I decided to slipstream it with my original XP CD so I'll be ready to install a clean version of Windows XP SP2. =)
      So do you want to sure how to create a slipstream version? :)
      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

        For those wishing to verify downloads, the following MD5 hashing information is provided:

        59a98f181fe383907e520a391d75b5a7 *WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

          I think I made it right. I found a link to do it off of windows-help.net. I copied my original xp files, extracted the service pack files, did this update thing and then made a new cd.

          The link explained it better and more in depth than I did, but I think I got it; I tested it out and it booted and everything, now I'm just waiting for my new harddrive.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

            Another mirror: http://www.iamnotageek.com/uploads/W...35-SP2-ENU.exe

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

              And just for those who asked, the "said" article on slipstreaming can be found here - tested and working ;)

              Gary

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

                Here is a link for it also


                http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=049c9dbe-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&DisplayLang=en
                Last edited by Ronnie_USA; 08-11-2004, 12:36 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

                  I just got sp2, but when I go into safe mode it says:
                  "windows xp (r) (build 2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158:service packe 2)"

                  Is that what it's supposed to say in safe mode? I thought the newest SP2 was build 2180? How do I find out my windows xp build normally?

                  EDIT:
                  I went into system information and it said under Hardware Abstraction Layer:
                  Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rt.040803-2158)"
                  So I have the latest version right?
                  Last edited by provoko; 08-11-2004, 03:16 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

                    Found more mirrors for you guys....

                    http://www.filemirrors.com/search.sr...size=278927592

                    RTM supposed...

                    http://www.filemirrors.com/search.sr...size=278920704

                    Direct X 9C

                    http://www.filemirrors.com/search.sr...&size=35113704

                    And finally the actual Windows Site for RC2
                    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

                      I POSTED THIS YESTERDAY, but apparently a mod mistakenly deleted my post.

                      The web01.genmay.net download mirror links to a highly disturbing photo and should be removed ASAP from your list of mirror links.

                      I'm informing you of this for your own benefit and the benefit of your forums. I thought that alerting the moderators to this would be helpful in this matter, and I don't know why my last post was deleted.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

                        Originally posted by Grahf
                        I POSTED THIS YESTERDAY, but apparently a mod mistakenly deleted my post.

                        The web01.genmay.net download mirror links to a highly disturbing photo and should be removed ASAP from your list of mirror links.

                        I'm informing you of this for your own benefit and the benefit of your forums. I thought that alerting the moderators to this would be helpful in this matter, and I don't know why my last post was deleted.
                        It doens lead to a photo thats probally why they deleted it
                        Last edited by KoolDrew; 08-16-2004, 09:10 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

                          I haven't clicked on it, but it looks lke it leads to an .exe...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

                            Originally posted by Yawgm0th
                            I haven't clicked on it, but it looks lke it leads to an .exe...
                            It only looks that way, click on it and you get highjacked to something totally different..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

                              I'll wait until MS releases it on their site.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X