Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Windows XP SP2 - Download it here

It's been on their site for 5 days now...

Comment

Originally posted by wayout44
      It only looks that way, click on it and you get highjacked to something totally different..
      It brought me to a exe.

I'll wait until MS releases it on their site.
      Do you mean released on Windows Update? If not then it has been on ms's site for a couple days now

Comment

The damn link works fine.

Comment

Hey guys, newbie to Tweaktown.... It seems that this sp2 release is for IT users and not home users. Is there a difference? If so, how long until the home release? I was told End of August and that's less than a week away.

Comment

the network install is the full version of the service pack, capable of updating ANY XP box. Installing from WU only downloads and installs the parts you need. If you want to slipstream a CD, you will need the full network install

Comment

Will this download work for both XP Pro and XP Home

Ron

Comment

It's for both.

Comment

Hi everybody,

I'm a newbie aroind this forum and just wanted to tell you about a great tool for slipstreaming SP2.

Find it this forum

hope you enjoy it.
                  Last edited by durius; 08-24-2004, 10:46 AM. Reason: wrong link

Comment

it just redirects to microsoft.com

Besides that, the only 'tool' you need to slipstream is CD bruning software (assuming you don't do a network install)
                    It only takes two commands to slipstream. Do you really need anther tool just for 2 short commands?

Comment

sry about the n00b post but this is the full install aas in i dont need SP1 install already?or it can do both, update and full install?

i heard that SP2 is bad so far can i set a systerm restore point and revert back to sp1 if i dont like sp2 for what ever strange reason?

Comment

Service packs are cumulative. If you install SP2, you won't need SP1.

SP2 being good or bad really depends on what features you use and if you care about the security holes created by it and fixed by it. There should be some option to back up files so you can uninstall SP2 if necessary.

Comment

if you install SP2 onto a prexisting XP install then it backs up the nessesary files to uninstall SP2 at a later date if needed

like he said, you don't need SP1/SP1a installed to install SP2

I highly recommend everyone using XP to install SP2. There is much, much more to it than just new features. It also fixes MANY more critical security holes than it creates.

Comment

Try this site for slip streaming http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=295
                            follow the directions at the bottom depending on which software you use. Also has link for boot files so that you don't need to download ISO buster.

Comment

Slipstreaming Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Create Bootable CD

Ok I have no idea what this is do i have to make a cd or something?

Or just simply will reinstall winxp pro to make it clean install all my drivers and then install sp2 or do i have to do it in a nother way?

Sorry confused:)

Comment

Originally posted by Winxp
                                Slipstreaming Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Create Bootable CD

Ok I have no idea what this is do i have to make a cd or something?

Or just simply will reinstall winxp pro to make it clean install all my drivers and then install sp2 or do i have to do it in a nother way?

Sorry confused:)
                                Yep slipstreaming makes a bootable XP CD with SP2 on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X