WinXP/Ethernet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinXP/Ethernet

Windows 98 has a utility that gives the IP address and other network information called winipcfg. Does Windows XP have a utility similar to it?

There is a means to get that info, but I'm at work at the moment without an XP system handy. I'll get you the information when I get home this evening if nobody has already answered this for you.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

if you go to a command prompt (Run - cmd) and type in ipconfig.. ;)

Comment

yeah, thatll do it. Cant for the life of me understand why MS dropped the gui for that utility....

anyway, i saw somewhere that someone has written a gui for it. Ill see if i can find it.

Comment

Thanks fellas

Comment

also so if you go to my network place, either from the desktop icon, start menu, or control panel you can go to your internet connection.. there is an icon for that and if you go there you can run a repair on your internet connection and check facts about it. sorry my explanation is pretty bad.. but i hope you can understand what i mean

Comment

Originally posted by infielder6
              also so if you go to my network place, either from the desktop icon, start menu, or control panel you can go to your internet connection.. there is an icon for that and if you go there you can run a repair on your internet connection and check facts about it. sorry my explanation is pretty bad.. but i hope you can understand what i mean

wat he means is that you go into network properties, then double click on whatever connection you want the details on.
              A window should pop up with the name *local area connection status* or whatever you renamed it to, click on the support tab and a list IPs, address and other stuff will be listed there.

Comment

:thumb: thanks for mopping up my mess and making it intelligible.

Comment

Working...
                X