No announcement yet.

HTTP Authentication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'wouldn't touch Tel$tra with a 10 foot barge pole. I'm going with Netspace most likely. $200 per month for a 1.5MBPS/256KBPS connection with 15GB download and $0.09 for overdata. Which is still a ****eload of money, but the equal Tel$tra account is $446 a month with 10GB download and nearly $0.19 per meg for overdata!!

I forgot to mention that I have been hosting 4 sites on my existing FREE:D :D :D 256KBPS/64KBPS for nearly 12 months with at least 98% uptime. The other reason I'm going with Netspace is I worked there for three months and know the guys there actually have half an idea on what they're on about.

Comment

if you have a decent internet connection (i.e DSL w/static IP, or cable) you could just use IIS with Win2k server. If you don't have a good connection you can still use IIS just use one of the dynamic DNS sites to direct to your server. With IIS you password protect very easily. JMHO

Comment

That's what I have been doing. I'm using IIS 5.0 to host my sites.

Comment

some programs to help test the strength of a passworded website :geek:

Comment

Apache is much much much more reliable/secure than IIS though.
            Chris "Raven"
            News Crew - TweakTown
            <!--
            <font size=1>
            <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
            - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
            - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
            - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
            </font>
            // -->
            "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

i recall webjump and 50megs as having php support...correct me if i'm wrong

Comment

Working...
              X