website troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now where did all those < br / > 's come from? :confused:

So ya can cut all them out but that will cure the 800 x 600 viewing problem. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thanks heaps Wiggo...that was alot of help I see what you mean It gave me a few ideas of how to fix the prob...I will tackle tables shortly though.

Comment

n/p as I much prefer to use tables than frames (I dunno but I just wind up with better results using tables) and they're very easy to learn plus I find that they layout the whole page for me more accurately. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by stormybaka
          I have a rough knowlegde of tables but the prob I have while experimenting on the free site was that ...sorry self taught and don't know the lingo... but say you have three section.

say banner, sidemenu and the main body. I have the tables done perfect even no scrolling and all...but when I set up the sidemenu.htm and others in the index htm...for some reason the htm doesn't go to the edge of the frame which it is in...:cry:
          I hope I explained that so you understand...so until I can work out why it does this. I will work without frames.
          This was my prob with tables, if you can understand what i mean considering how I phrased it but it was the best way I knew to explain...

Comment

Sorry but I just don't get what ya tryin' to tell me. :confused:

Comment

Well I will try tables again and post a pic of the prob...<br>

yeah I most likely not post that pic till tomorrow...I have some editing I have to get through as well as 1 comp finish building before tomorrow morning...

Comment

:D Okay I think I fixed the prob...*hopes*

and I made another change on appearance...

Comment

Well ya got better separation this time between ya links and the main body now plus it doesn't collapse in on itself now at the lower resolutions. :thumb:

Comment

I can't seem to find any info on how to do the next step of my site, which is include downloads...I have a downloads sections and which to add a few amv's and my fave music to and have it so ppl can download then, it most likely is easy, but I am not sure how to...

Comment

I just use a page with the file links like this

<-a href="filename.zip">filename.zip<-/a>

basically (without the "-" of course and file in the same folder). ;)

The usual alterations can be made normally to your taste. :)

Comment

:p so this sort of thing would work...

<*a href="file"><*img src="pic" width="?" height="?" border="?" alt="download......"></a>

Comment

Yes as I can't see anything wrong with that except maybe a <-/a> on the end. ;)

Give it a go and see. :)

Comment

ooops! I forgot that...open a tag, must close the tag...:p

Comment

Here is the next capture and view of my site...

Take 4.......

Comment

Working...
                              X