PHPers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHPers?

I know a couple of people are interested in PHP around here - who are you?

I've just started to get into it, it's a really good development language IMHO :).

me n sks
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

PHP rocks, thats about all I know of PHP... :D

Comment

Forgive my ignorance but what is PHP? :confused:

Comment

isn't html and dhtml good enough??;) :p
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

I'll let someone else answer... I don't exactly know a lot about PHP.

Comment

PHP is a popular general-purpose scripting language that powers everything from your blog to the most popular websites in the world.

find about

that'll tell ya'll
              SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
              Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

too much reading for me

i'll put that on the "to read" pile
                TT Original

Comment

PHP, i love PHP, if you ask what php is, i can say that you are staring at the result of php right now (actually combined with mysql) and as you can see it looks no different...why u ask, because its cool!! hehe, j/k its server side, it generates the page that you receive as static ol' html, or u can even go crazy and combine it with some js and make it dhtml, as long as u don't use crappy frontpage animations and **** that only works in IEx
                  I HATE IE ONLY WEBSITES - they suck, thats why i try not to do online banking....fukn banking...

oh yeah, the more common definition of PHP is generally given as PHP = Personal Hompage Preprocessor but its definition is actually:
                  PHP = "PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor"

odd, but true, oh yeah, and i reckon I know why they didn't just call it HP....:laugh: :toung:

Comment

Its a recursive acronym,
                    "whats php?"
                    "php hypertex preprocessor"
                    "but what does the php stand for?"
                    "but what does the php stand for?"...etc...
                    p-two.net

Comment

yeah, how can you explain the acronym when you use the acronym in the explanation??
                      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Big Hairy Jimbo and I are starting to get into PHP & MYsql
                        http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
                          [B]yeah, how can you explain the acronym when you use the acronym in the explanation??
                          Thats what the "recursive" part means....think about it....
                          p-two.net

Comment

To highly oversimplify the concept of PHP;
                            It's kind of like putting all you HTML/DHTML into a database, where you can call upon it at will, allowing you to create a vast amount of pages using the data within templates.

yeah, highly oversimplified
                            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern

Thats what the "recursive" part means....think about it....
                              umm.. bern... you typed think. no thinking remember? (holiday rules) ;)
                              TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Working...
                              X